For those who doubt Doom 3's outdoor environment ability...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded it because I always wondered how my X800 Pro would handle and outdoor scene with the Doom 3 engine, being that in games like Far Cry wit was the outdoor areas that really taxed the cards. However, it wasn't as bad as I thought, with my framerate staying above 40 throughout the whole map almost, except for a few areas where it dropped to near 30. My settings were High, 1024x768, 2x AA.....much better than I thought I could do in an outdoor scene.

I don't really like the way it looks, Doom 3 was all about the shadows and darkness and the graphics look pretty bad without the proper lighting in my opinion.

gaara said:
I don't really like the way it looks, Doom 3 was all about the shadows and darkness and the graphics look pretty bad without the proper lighting in my opinion.

:confused:

Each to their own I guess. Although most would/should say it's proof that Doom 3's technology is capable of surpassing that of HL2/Source (and Far Cry, for that matter) ten fold. I think that beautifull map is a glimpse of the future.

Just go to gamespy.com and have a look at the Quake 4 screenies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom