Thnx for the info, Look now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
Due too recent posts and feedback, this is what I decided to go with for my gaming PC...Hows it look?

Case - Thermaltake Soprano ATX Mid tower w/430 psu
Mobo - MSI K8N Neo4 platinum SLI Skt 939
Processor - AMD 64 3200+ Venice 1ghz skt 939
Hard drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA in Raid 0
Memory - Corsair 1gb (2x512mb) 184-pin DDR SDRAM dual channel
Video - eVga 6600gt 128mb 128-bit PCI express
Drive - Sony DVD 16xCD-RW 52x32x52
Drive - Sony CD-RW 52x32x52
Floppy - Sony 1.44MB

The 2 drives and the floppy I already have, taking out of my recently used computer, the rest is going to be purchased.

1.) DFI lanparty > msi neo4 platinum anyday, it's much better, don't let that "neo4 platinum" crap fool you, yes, it's a good board, but the dfi is much better
2.) you're using one card, so you don't need an SLI board, just get a regular non-SLI (DFI lanparty ultra-d ut)
3.) instead of that corsair memory, get the twinmos on newegg ($94.35 if i remember right), it's much better (uses winbond utt chips that are found on $200 memory)
4.) you need a power supply (get the OCZ modstream 450W if you want something cheap but good)

The case comes with a 430 psu, should i get the same case without a power supply and buy one too put in or is the 430psu that comes with the Thermaltake ok?

get the case w/o a power supply

1.) 430W isn't enough
2.) any psu that comes with case is crap unless you got a lower-end computer
3.) you need a 24-pin psu
4.) you gotta follow my advice, the dfi> msi and twinmos > corsair

Im gonna go with the Twinmos and the DFI board. I looked at them and I like your suggestions.

Nah the PSU wil be fine, im using the TT 400w that came with my tsunami and havent had ne problems and we are running practically the same system.

the dfi requires a 24pin psu; just look at the dfi-street forums and there's people that have ram screwed up, etc. (sure a 20pin would work, but then you're risking the chance of frying something)

Ok, I did some reasearch and found that the Thermaltake PSU,(part# N82E16817153023 at newegg) has a 24 pin connector, (says, N/A 4/14/2005 10:45:25 AM in the review) So does that mean it will work then? Or should I pick a different power supply? I just dont want to get something that is gonna bring me problems later. Thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom