Which of these Motherboards is More Future Proof?

ruzzi

Baseband Member
I need to buy a mobo for my gaming desktop. I got 2 mobos to choose from. One mobo has 2 ram slots which hold a total of 32GB ram. The 2nd mobo has 4 eam slots and holds a max of 64GB ram. Which of these is more future proof?

Time will prevail against all entropy. Therefore, nothing is future proof. Things can only be future resistant lol

For this situation I would ask myself if i plan to use the computer for anything that should need more than 32 gb of RAM.

Typically, I think you'll find, that the processor socket will change to a new standard, or your FSB speed will limit you down the road moreso than the overall capacity for RAM.

Typically, I think you'll find, that the processor socket will change to a new standard, or your FSB speed will limit you down the road more so than the overall capacity for RAM.

You're right. One thing I'll say is that one of the mobos is limited to 2133. Should I be looking elsewhere to another mobo with higher capacity than 2133?

Last edited:
You don't need speeds higher than 2133. Technically at this point we don't even need speeds higher than 1333 so that's of no concern. You'll upgrade major components and platform before you need 32GB or more.

You don't need speeds higher than 2133. Technically at this point we don't even need speeds higher than 1333 so that's of no concern. You'll upgrade major components and platform before you need 32GB or more.
Thanks man. Appreciate your reply

I have been running my main rig spec for the last 2.5 years now (see signature. Video card upgraded 12 months ago)
I got no problems with running modern games.

Zen is being quoted as performance similar to Haswell. Least that's what the little birdies are saying. If that's true, they'll still be behind.

Perhaps, we still dont now anything until it releases.
Besides Hasell isnt that bad (especially haswell refresh, they are not that far behind skylake), also skylake has had its issues, offering little improvement over Haswell refresh other than DDR4 support.

Back
Top Bottom