Is there any way to turn off Steam from Start Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam is a really good program...i never had problems with it...and i agree with AND_YOU_ARE...not having to go into a game to see the servers is great and also the auto updates are wikid...saves so much time and effort :)

You can also use Spybot S&D to edit your startup items, along with your registry.

Start>Run>regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Run

It may seem long but it only takes like 15 seconds once you memorize the process. All you have to do then is figure out the name of the process and delete the entry (in this case, steam.exe?).

This can also be used to add programs you want to startup with windows. To do this,

Start>Run>regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Run

It is the same location as before, except this time right click inside the white area next to the other values and select "New>String Value." Then type in the location of the program (.exe) either in quotes or not in quotes, I usually quote it, because I know that works, I haven't tried it without quotes yet. Voila! You can start up anything you want as long as it's an exe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom