Thanks for nothing, EA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea...Activision likes to dodge the bullet for sure. They've done that to me a couple of time...most recently GH3. As for BF2, I agree. It took....what....5 patches before the game was playable...sheesh! Git it t'gethr ya imbreds!

Trotter...I think they all take turns driving the bus...the SPECIAL bus!

special-bus.jpg

Again, let down today by EA. Tried buying NFS Carbon off the store. accepted payment, everything went through fine, downloaded, installed, decrypted, activated... thats when it failed. when i click "Activate" i get taken to a page which promptly has an Apache server "HTTP Status 500 -" error. it shows a list of URLs, says something about errors and generally cocks everything up. so yet again, I've paid for something and not received what I've paid for. i don't know why they haven't received class action lawsuits yet. its just disappointment after disappointment.]

also, i sent another technical query asking about the crysis pre-order unlock vehicle, starting a new topic hoping to shun the other rep who was a cow. i got a reply asking for my details, which i replied with. that was 8 days ago. so much for their 24 hour reply policy.

although i vowed before, i really do mean it this time.

Again, let down today by EA. Tried buying NFS Carbon off the store. accepted payment, everything went through fine, downloaded, installed, decrypted, activated... thats when it failed. when i click "Activate" i get taken to a page which promptly has an Apache server "HTTP Status 500 -" error. it shows a list of URLs, says something about errors and generally cocks everything up. so yet again, I've paid for something and not received what I've paid for. i don't know why they haven't received class action lawsuits yet. its just disappointment after disappointment.]

also, i sent another technical query asking about the crysis pre-order unlock vehicle, starting a new topic hoping to shun the other rep who was a cow. i got a reply asking for my details, which i replied with. that was 8 days ago. so much for their 24 hour reply policy.

although i vowed before, i really do mean it this time.

you really should go through with it. If they are treating you this bad, then you can **** them over with a lawyer, hopefully. That would be wonderful.

This is exactly why I pirate most the games I have. I'll actually buy it if I feel that's it's really worth my money or if I want to play online. But companies like EA are just making you feel like crap when you give them your money. I have been EXTREMELY satisfied with Valve games, hence why I am very enthusiastic when giving them money for their games.

The worst thing I've experienced with EA is the Fifa series. I've complained about this before on the forums. There has been no graphical improvements from Fifa 05 to Fifa 08, they all look identical after 4 game releases save for a some tweaks in gameplay. And they make you continuously pay the full price of $60... unbelievable!

This is exactly why I pirate most the games I have. I'll actually buy it if I feel that's it's really worth my money or if I want to play online. But companies like EA are just making you feel like crap when you give them your money. I have been EXTREMELY satisfied with Valve games, hence why I am very enthusiastic when giving them money for their games.

The worst thing I've experienced with EA is the Fifa series. I've complained about this before on the forums. There has been no graphical improvements from Fifa 05 to Fifa 08, they all look identical after 4 game releases save for a some tweaks in gameplay. And they make you continuously pay the full price of $60... unbelievable!

yeah, Fifa is a huge disappointment. If you want a soccer game, DL (pirate) PES 2008, and plug in a 360 wired controller, and play it. That is what I do. PES has ridiculously better game play, even if their graphics are a little slack. The game play makes up for it.

this is a message i sent to them:

this is the message they sent in return, after waiting about a week for a reply:

again, this mentally deficient representive is wrong. simply by CC'ing an email to consumerist watchdogs, and asking for the legal department (which they failed to give in the following reply, idiots) i do not lose any of my statutory rights.

i think they've now closed the question now, because i cant update it. im thinking of starting a website along the lines of www.BoycottEA.co.uk. this IDIOT really makes me go Ape****
Okay i dont really want to read the whole thing. But i will respond to this since i have a background in Business Law.

1.) You did threaten with legal action. Asking for the Legal Dept and saying that you were gonna forward this to

Please reply with an email address to EA's UK Legal Team and to your Support Department. Any communication made will be sent via CC to BBC Watchdog and to the UK Advertising Standards Authority. Thanks.

Is a threat in any businesses eyes. therefor they made the right move by stopping all communication with you. Because it would be stupid of them to continue to work with you if you end up suing them. In the court that would basically admit they were wrong and they wouldnt have a case. So by not communicating with you they avoid this issue.

2.) EA is a American based company. As you sure that they even HAVE a UK Legal team?? Yeah they can have a UK website. But that doesnt hold them accountable for any actions taken. You would have to sue them in the USA for this since they are a American based company and would need the Legal team here. granted i dont know about all the laws over in the UK. but i can say that a website is not considered a formal retailer. So therefor not everything posted on a website can be held as the whole truth. If that was the case M$ would win every court case cause they have nothing but good things about Windows on their website.

So basically you backed yourself into this corner. You did say you were gonna send this off to a Legal team and EA made the right move. You were the one who was heated, granted for a very good reason, but you started off with things that should not have been said and now you are lost with no chance to regain what you lost. Sorry. I dont see why you blame EA for doing what EVERY comapny does when threatened with Legal Action.

You say it wasnt a threat but saing you are gonna send stuff CC to the BBC Watchdog and The UK Advertising Authority. That is a threat.

Also a website isnt good grounds for trying to hold up against advertising issues. Unless you can provide screenshots with the site name, date, month and time of this offer, they will win every time. How can you prove that this offer existed? Here say from another site? I mean Website change constantly they could easily just say that they made a update to the site and you didnt read the Terms and Conditions properly. I am sorry for this but there is no way to win this one.

i would blame EA entirely not Crytek. Crytek know what they are doing but they're at the mercy of the EA machine. yes there are quite a few bugs in Crysis but i think they are relatively minor. over all i have to say i have seen FAR worse v1.0 games than Crysis. the biggest changes i see have to be made are:
  • adjusting the accuracy/power of some of the weapons
  • fixing glitches that result in stuff like body armour becoming stuck mid-air after an enemy is killed (like wise with fans in huts)
  • fixing the glitch that results in small things striking the player killing them (e.g. my friend picked up a turtle and dropped it "on" himself)
  • fixing the glitch that prevents you from headshot-ing someone at a machine-gun nest
it's a pretty minor list given some of the improvements in the game. the only thing i am mad at them for is for giving in and allowing the DX10 "lock" on very high settings.

o_O i've 'head-shotted' someone that was in a machine gun nest. quite easily since they're standing still most of the time. :S not saying that it doesnt exist XD obviously does if it happened to someone. luckily I never had any stupid deaths or random things being stuck :S. Actually I ran into nearly no bugs the whole time i played. Except helicopter crashing into the ground for 20 min lol.

i do agree on acc/power needign to be adjusted. or at least whatever sick armor the enemies are wearing removed. 20 bullets in the chest is a bit excessive for normal troops lol

as far as crytek goes im not dusappointed one bit in crysis. i found it lived up to the hype just fine. was a bit short but oh well.

EA of course is a different matter XD and I agree with most of what everyone else said.

I can see EA fixing the game all right.....it will be called Cysis II....now give me $50 more....lol

Crytek's biggest mistake is EA!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom