TF2 question. Bonk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's rather a new type of map called payload (as opposed to capture the flag, capture point, etc.). I didn't play TF2 in the very beginning after release but I am pretty sure that this was added in some update last year.

well if you ever want to play just hit me up on steam. I'll be playing it a lot.

I unlocked that secondary weapon for the pyro last night. Looks like a red handgun. Is it very effective? Didn't seem to work well for me but I didn't use it much.

Yeha, the flare gun. It's more a nuisance for your target, but it can be funny from time to time. Nothing special though. Playing TF2 is so much better on the PC, just like any FPS imo. Plus, I have a very similar setup and it runs like a dream on 24" (1920x1200). I'll catch you on Steam, already added ya! :)

Yeha, the flare gun. It's more a nuisance for your target, but it can be funny from time to time. Nothing special though. Playing TF2 is so much better on the PC, just like any FPS imo. Plus, I have a very similar setup and it runs like a dream on 24" (1920x1200). I'll catch you on Steam, already added ya! :)

I play on the same size monitor and res!! I love it! Lighting is much better in this then the Xbox too.

Uber charge drives me nuts!! :p

since theres TF2 talk going on, I'd just like to add in my 2 cents

I used to be in a clan that got like 3rd place in the TWL tournies so I think I have a decent amount of experience with TF2

Valve is like no other company, they actually listen to their fans, but this can be a bad things at times. A lot of casual/noob players were complaining on the forum about a lot of issues, and Valve literally has listened to most of these issues. Some were valid complaints, some were incorrect, heres my 2 cents on it:

Invalid issue, people complained the soldier class was overpowered, so Valve nerfed the solider and took his rocket count from 24 to 16! thats a huge reduction. Valve later regretted this decision and upped the number to 20.

Invalid issue, people complained that the demo class was overpowered ( the majority of these people were pyros who had no idea how to deal with the demo mans sticky bombs ), it took Valve a while but eventually they listened and nerfed Demoman ( my favorite class :( ) to heck and back. Not only can you now destroy his sticky bombs, but they do less damage at close range!

Valid issue, people complained about the critical % chance and it happening too often, Valve wisely listened and basically reduced criticals all around with a new formula. This allowed casual players to less often kill a player of more experience due to a critical.

Valid issue, people complained that the spy class was essentially useless against a good team and the class needed some kind of buff. Valve eventually listened with a good decision to allow the spy to refill his cloak meter from ammo crates or ammo shelves.

Yeah I agree, crits work better now and spies are somewhat more useful, but I mostly play soldier and that nerf was quite unnecessary. Not gamebreaking for me but still.... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom