Tekkify windows 8 help

Judgement60

Solid State Member
We have a windows 8 OS and we play minecraft tekkify but it will not let us on the server. One person told us to boot in safe mode. How do you boot in safe mode for win 8?

Safe Mode won't let you logon to anything network related because the network drivers aren't initialized... If anything, you'd want Safe Mode with Networking.

Get to it the same way you did in every other Windows OS. Press F8 after the computer's splash screen, before the Windows logo shows up and you'll get a boot menu.

Or, from within Windows: Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) - Microsoft Windows Help

As for the MC issue... is it several different people on different networks not being able to connect to the server? Or is everybody that's trying to connect in 1 house/area/etc? If everybody that can't connect is on a different network... then I'd say there's a problem with the server, not the client (you guys).

I will try that. Thank you. The person said we should be able to remove java from the safe mode because we cant uninstall it from the control panel. Or update it. Thanks again!

I will try that. Thank you. The person said we should be able to remove java from the safe mode because we cant uninstall it from the control panel. Or update it. Thanks again!

Fair enough. I thought you meant you were wanting to try to connect to the server while in Safe Mode.

Why are you not able to uninstall it in normal mode? Is it giving you an error?

After i select it and hit uninstall it does nothing. i can uninstall other things but not that. And I should have explained it better, sorry.

If uninstalling in Safe Mode does the same thing, then I would try to install the latest version of Java over top of it.

Go to java.com: Java + You and download/install it manually.

Back
Top Bottom