Tech Question on LCD's and gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Steel

Baseband Member
I've recently built a new gaming pc, and have been shocked at the drop in prices in LCD monitors since I last looked... 500 years ago.

I'm looking into buying a 19" wide-screen monitor with a 2ms response time, but I don't know enough about LCD's and gaming.

How will Quake 4 react to being on a wide screen? Or will I adjust the screen to handle the settings of Q4?

Are there some common mistakes I should look out for that people make with LCD's and games?

Any advice will be helpful.
Thanks

Check out Main Page - WSGFWiki
That will tell you if your games will work on widescreen or not and what you have to do to make it work and such. A lot of games support widescreen so its just a matter of changing the resolution in game.

LCD's used to suck for gaming, but now you don't have to worry much about it. The only concern is whether it has widescreen support or not. With 2ms response time you will not have any ghosting or anything.

i would advise u to get a cheap 32 inch hd ready lcd rather than an expensive 19 inch lcd

i got a 32" for £400 it had okay picture bt wen i got the hd cable from my pc the picture was amazin, alond with surround sound ye cani beat it :D

i would advise u to get a cheap 32 inch hd ready lcd rather than an expensive 19 inch lcd

i got a 32" for £400 it had okay picture bt wen i got the hd cable from my pc the picture was amazin, alond with surround sound ye cani beat it :D

ya but your hd tv probably has a low resolution of 1080x720 wich isnt much if anything itl be lower then that and most had tvs dont have a refresh rate under 16ms as that is average on most atm MONITORS ARE THE WAY TO GO

If your not looking at spending a lot of money. I have this monitor and it is fantastic. Absolutely no ghosting what so ever, great picture.

Newegg.com - Hanns·G HW-191DPB Black 19" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

Yeah, I looked at this, and also the "RPB" ($25 more than your model) with a 2ms response time. But isn't it worth $20 to get a Samsung? I'm looking at the Samsung 206BW, and after rebate it's nearly the same price. I'm leaning toward the Samsung.

Anybody have a problem with Hanns or Samsung?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom