Tech question 1- video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO PCI-Express is the best thing out right now. The X800XT PCI-E is about the same as an X800XT AGP card because there aren't any cards out yet that use the enhanced features of PCI-Express. ATI is currently working on Video Cards that use "HyperMemory".

"HyperMemory uses the high-speed bi-directional data transfer capabilities of PCI Express to store and access graphics data in system memory, leading to less of a dependence on graphics memory and ultimately a lower overall system cost."

so the x800xt pci-e isnt really... any better than anything cuz its pci-e? ... or is it? ... and would they release new drivers that would make the pci-e more beneficial for that card.... or would i just have to wait for the new pci-e cards? ..
like... would it be in my best interest to make sure i get a pci-e card, even if i have an agp slot?

Doh! Stupid me, sorry about that:p

You can get a X800XT PCI-E, but your looking at spending $600 for one, so unless you can afford that I wouldn't recommend it:confused:

The Merlin said:
Doh! Stupid me, sorry about that:p

You can get a X800XT PCI-E, but your looking at spending $600 for one, so unless you can afford that I wouldn't recommend it:confused:

I wouldn't spend $600 for the X800XT when ATI's next card is just around the corner, which will blow the X800s away (since ATI is actually doing more this time besides adding pipes to its 9800 archetecture).

beedubaya said:
I wouldn't spend $600 for the X800XT when ATI's next card is just around the corner, which will blow the X800s away (since ATI is actually doing more this time besides adding pipes to its 9800 archetecture).

Neither would I, but anything is better then the X300 he has and the next ATi PCI-E isn't RIGHT around the corner is it? I thought it was due in April next year or something:confused:

how far around the corner? .. and how much will it be?
i mean.. i want a better card now, but i dont want to regret the wad of cash i spend on it.. i need to write dell because i bought their 4700 model, and the x300se is the only card available in that computer.... BUT the 4600 model you can get a 9800 pro.... which is bs because the 4700 is supposed to be superior in every way, and advertised as a better gaming comp. and they stand behind me being satisfied. so they better compensate..... i didnt know anything about the card when i bought the computer... it just sounded like a nice card, and i assumed it to be good...what are the prices for a new x300se and a new 9800 pro?
and can someone give me a good site that sells like everycard so i can compare.. i havent found any yet.

well, i opened up my comp and found out i have 1 pci-express x16, and no agp slot.... so what would be the best pci-e card... on another board, they told me about the 6600gt and its only like $200 ... so im thinking about that and then getting a top end pci-e when they make the new ones.... but i was just wondering.. how does the 6600gt compare to a 9800pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom