Tech Help (COD4 - RAM/Graphics card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he just had the link to show what kind of mobo you have.
What card are you deciding on buying

I kinda thought he was just pointing out which I had, but I wasn't completely sure. Um, I was looking at this gc though, XFX GeForce 7900 GS Extreme Edition 256MB GDDR3 SLI PCI Express Dual DVI HDTV Video Card PVT71PUDE3 at TigerDirect.com . That should work, correct? And if I bought that, I can just pull out the old card and replace it with this right? Is there much more to doing it? (beside maybe installing drivers?) I'm new to this obviously : ]

well my 300x is AGP, so if your mobo is anything like mine you wont be able to just pull it out and put the new one in. unless theres a pci-e x16 300x out there.

well vernong confirmed that it was pci so it should be easy...just the drivers will need to be reinstalled.
But remember, your going from ati to nvidia an a lot of ppl had problems with that. So first i would uninstall your drivers...uninstall everything that has something to do with ati...get driver cleaner pro, which will remove everything completetly, then take out the x300 and put in your new card and then you install the new drivers.

well vernong confirmed that it was pci so it should be easy...just the drivers will need to be reinstalled.
But remember, your going from ati to nvidia an a lot of ppl had problems with that. So first i would uninstall your drivers...uninstall everything that has something to do with ati...get driver cleaner pro, which will remove everything completetly, then take out the x300 and put in your new card and then you install the new drivers.

But assuming its a PCI for sure, after I uninstall and get a cleaner, all I have to do is swap the cards? Simple as that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom