TeamSpeak replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
My clan is looking into a replacement for TeamSpeak. TS3 is out (sort of) and Ross said it is murder to work with. We are currently looking for something else to replace TS. We are looking for freeware and/or open source

Yes, we know about Ventrilo. If we can host it on our own server and do it for free that is an option; if not, it isn't.

Anyone know of anything comparable to TS and Vent?

You can host your own vent servers, but there is an 8 slot limitation. I'm assuming you already knew about that though? Other than that I dunno man.

In my experience TS isn't that bad to work with, and you can host your own servers without slot limitations AFAIK.

I did not know the 8 slot limitation, but I hadn't looked into it.

The current version of TS is fine. We currently use it. They tried out the TS3 beta and it was a mess, pure overload and confusion.

Basically, we just want to see if there are viable alternatives besides just the "big boys" out there.

You can host your own vent servers, but there is an 8 slot limitation. I'm assuming you already knew about that though? Other than that I dunno man.

In my experience TS isn't that bad to work with, and you can host your own servers without slot limitations AFAIK.

when i setup my server i could make it for however many slots i wanted

Code:
[Server]

Name=
Phonetic=
Port=3784
Auth=0
Duplicates=1
AdminPassword=
Password=
MaxClients=<<<---set this to how ever many clients you wanted
SendBuffer=0
RecvBuffer=0
Diag=0
LogonTimeout=5
CloseStd=1
TimeStamp=0
PingRate=10
ExtraBuffer=0
ChanWidth=0
ChanDepth=0
ChanClients=0
DisableQuit=1
VoiceCodec=0
VoiceFormat=
SilentLobby=0
AutoKick=0

Thats a basic vent server config

Even if you set it to 100, it will still only allow 8. In order to not have that limitation you need to buy a license

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom