Supreme Commander 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^yeah, i mean it was just way to easy, i played the first mission, and it was just sad. They really ruined it, the first one i actually liked quite a bit, if they had expanded on that, such as upgraded units, more experimental units, better maps, more diverse weapon systems, that would have been a hit.

yeeep. I mean **** I'm not THAT annoyed about the style of the units as it seems to me what ever they've done, it runs way more smoothly.

But...meh experiments seem like T3 units now, their pretty cheap and it's quite easy to get them out early.

Although a statement has been made that the multiplayer and skirmish modes are rather different then the campaign when it comes to unit build speeds, speed of getting those research points, income etc. They didn't state how, as in slower or faster for each thing, but it's different basically, I wonder if they'll let me customizable, would be good to slow research down a bit..build 4-5 research centres and research that 40% research bonus(research a research bonus..whaat?) and your points are flooding in.

also some are saying the new units are MORE detailed, retards. I mean I implore to any of you, play that first UEF campaign(water map) and research enough to build that experimental submarine aircraft carrier. Compared to SC1 it looks hideous! Like a cartoon... and what is hilarious is that when it dives...it doesn't submerge, the rear fin is above the water line...so...the enemy can visually see it even if they can't attack it..I hope that's fixed or it's invisible magically...

Played it today, dumbed down just like every other game now :( Getting really annoying actually, command and conquer 4 can't even be considered a RTS online now, this is just ridiculously simple and pointless, and I'm not gonna get in the SC2 beta :(

Mass effect 2 was the other dumbed down game. First one was my favourite game of all time, easily 100h+, second one, two playthroughs and I took it back. I hate how that's happenning, gamming 3-4 years ago was wayy better. Games that were hyped were actually good, ubisoft wasn't trying to castrate you, and pc games weren't all console ports, it was the other way around.

The demo is just campaign stuff. When it comes to rts, the campaign really doesn't matter whatsoever. Unfortunately they aren't letting us try out a skirmish. What are you gonna do? The old rts formula of gathering resources and using them to buy units is dead. If you can't adapt to the new types, you're never going to play any rts game ever again except starcraft 2. I don't like it either, but I love rts games too much not play anything but star craft 2 which is never going to come out.

The demo is just campaign stuff. When it comes to rts, the campaign really doesn't matter whatsoever. Unfortunately they aren't letting us try out a skirmish. What are you gonna do? The old rts formula of gathering resources and using them to buy units is dead. If you can't adapt to the new types, you're never going to play any rts game ever again except starcraft 2. I don't like it either, but I love rts games too much not play anything but star craft 2 which is never going to come out.

thing is though it's not RTS any more, the genre is dieing, it's real time tactics now. Or a perverted mould of RTT and RPG, dawn of war 2 being an example. Though I don't hate on DOW2 so much, as they made it perfectly clear that was the route, not your classic RTS at all.

Command and Conquer 4 did this...

"hey guys this game gonna be amazing! You fans, you'll be like WOW! Veterans of C&C? You'll be like...WOW! Yeah yeah it's good, we've added some stuff, made some things more engaging, getting you stuck in the action!!"

....months later

"so guys! Great news! What we decided to do , for the "lulz" as you internet folk call it, is scrap the whole idea of the RTS. Bases? NO. A proper Economy? NO. Making tiberium make sense in context of the storylines series so far? **** NO. Tiberium based liveforms returning which we promised? Nope...in fact despite the end of C&C 3 and the intro movie to C&C 4 making out the world is a mass of tiberium now...it's surprisingly tiberium free....more so then it was.

Let me guess loads of you are ****ed off right? You don't like tiberium floating around in rings stolen from sonic the hedgehog? You don't like it magically floating above any tank and you having to manually take it and deposit it for a "bonus"? Well let me tell you folks this... OUR FANS LOVE THE WAY WE'VE CHANGED THINGS! Our fans totally support this. We are going to keep saying this to drown out and flood of hate mail we're getting, if one person likes this game, then you all do! You wanted the end of the tiberium saga? WELL HERE IT IS! We've gutted it like a fish and then slapped in the face, finished off by ****ing all over it's dying body.

So folks, that's the end of the press conference, the game has gone gold. Remember mums and dads, this new game is friendly for children 3 and up, click on the shiny tanks and make em go boom boom boom! If you big rawr rawr crawley monster dies, you'll get a new one free!"

you can probably tell I'm a tad frustrated by the direction C&C 4 has gone in....:big_smile:

^^ QFT!

That post made me laugh lol. I couldn't agree more. C&C 4 is nothing more then rock paper scissors with units now. There's no strategy at all, whoever can counter the fastest wins, course they only win for a couple minutes, then you get a tank-like thing and you can spam more units at them!. All it is really, spam units, they counter, counter that, spam more counters, spam some airplanes, spam some men.

Not to mention online match making is terrible, I click 2v2, and it find me a bunch of 5v5, 4v4, 3v3, and 1v1s. And the level up, oo lets rip off call of duty, cause everyone likes that system. Except playing games to earn xp, THEN using that xp to unlock units + upgrades OUTSIDE of the game makes no sense. You have to get to level 7 before you can even tech up to lvl 2 in game. At which point you get 1 crummy artillery unit for a couple levels. It took me around 3 hours to get to level 7... Its an RTS ffs, not a RTSFPSPOIS (Real time strategy first person shooter piece of incest crap)

thing is though it's not RTS any more, the genre is dieing, it's real time tactics now. Or a perverted mould of RTT and RPG, dawn of war 2 being an example. Though I don't hate on DOW2 so much, as they made it perfectly clear that was the route, not your classic RTS at all.

I don't really understand why all the companies are taking this new route. It seems to me like most people want the old style rts games back. It doesn't make any sense.

I was going to download the demo but after reading this thread I'm not going to bother with it.

It looks like Sins of a Solar Empire will be my RTS of choice for the foreseeable future.

I was going to download the demo but after reading this thread I'm not going to bother with it.

It looks like Sins of a Solar Empire will be my RTS of choice for the foreseeable future.

If you leave your computer on over night, I can't see the harm in just dling before you go to bed just to see for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom