Suggestions for games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therascalking

Devious Techie
i just built a pretty nice comp for gaming... but im still stuck with my old games... i have a 3.0 Ghz DC processor (which i can easily overclock if need be), a GeForce 8800 GTS, and 2 Gb of 800 Mhz DDR2...

suggestions for what new games i should buy?

preferably fps-type games... thanx - RK

Bioshock comes out late this summer/early Fall... as for titles right now I suppose you could get Prey or Oblivion. Oh yes, and the new Unreal Tournament is due this winter which will likely run very nicely on your rig.

3.0ghz Pentium or Core 2 Duo?

Anyway I've always been a quake fanatic....I play quite a lot of Quake 4 CTF these days and the single player is quite good as well.....

Also STALKER will be a nice game to test your system out as it has lots of eyecandy that will make your system shine...

hahaha neither... im running an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ baby... im one of those original AMD fanboys, and proud of it lol... anyways... so far the games that are under serious consideration for me are:

Bioshock
Stalker
Battlefield (is 2 or 2142 better?)
Quake
Unreal Tournament
Halo 2
and of course, counter-strike (prolly source...)

and before anyone suggests it... i will NEVER run World of Warcraft on my machine... i like having a life... and a soul.... no offense to all you WOW players out there... if you can play and not get horrifically sucked in... more power to you... anywas... thanx and i look forward to more input... - RK

I always liked Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.

Your system could handle it easily, but it's a sweet game nonetheless.

Action/Adventure games:

-Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
-Prince of Persia: Warriors Within
-Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.

-Tomb Raider: Legend
-Tomb Raider: Anniversary

First Person shooter games:

- Prey
- FEAR (and its expansion)

Strategy games:

Command and Conquer 3
The Battle for middle-earth 2