Stupid Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of it this way :

Millions of people use 32 bit applications and OS's.
maybe Thousands use 64 bit. If you were a development company which would you rather develop for ?

I would rather make an app for millions of people to potentially use.

lol true true.... i dunno man this is just getting stupid,. microsoft should launch some games because its there OS they need to insprie the use of 64bit game.s

the windows 2003 server is 64 bit? also i heard that there was a new windows in town........i dont recall the name is that true?

The new Windows, is called Vista, it is hitting the shelves sometime in 2006, there are 10 different versions of it. Says Microsoft.com but who knows Windows XP had what 3? Home Pro and x64? Well the new "Longhorn" now known as Vista is going to have 10. Some 64 some 32 I would imagine. It is starting at 99$ though as XP was when it came out. Hopefully its worth it.

Microsoft is 'unofficially' waiting for Intel to develop a true 64bit CPU like AMD has already done before we'll see vista out.

ALSO

to all the people who said 'nope' to this:

are their even any games out that are optimized for x64?

You're wrong......64bit patch for Far Cry anyone? Yeah, so technically theres ONE game that's been optimized for 64bit processing.

AuThoRitY said:
The new Windows, is called Vista, it is hitting the shelves sometime in 2006, there are 10 different versions of it. Says Microsoft.com but who knows Windows XP had what 3? Home Pro and x64? Well the new "Longhorn" now known as Vista is going to have 10. Some 64 some 32 I would imagine. It is starting at 99$ though as XP was when it came out. Hopefully its worth it.
good lord.....10 versions! so lets say i get vista, i will need to get teh 64 bit processor right? yes i guess so, let see waht vista has to offer.

Juice Daddy said:
are their even any games out that are optimized for x64?
bradybnmci said:

Not Entirely. FarCry AMD64 has been optimized and adds a bunch of visual enhancements most notably, parallax mapping. just google far cry 64 and 32 comparisons.

Yes but thats practically optimized for x64. If your thinking of just a straight game DEVELOPED FOR ONLY x64. Then no, there is nothing yet. Just games are being upated and optimized for the x64. But no no game is yet just out for 64-bit only.

My F.E.A.R game on the bottom of the box for Requirements actually has a thing that says Windows XP x64 or Windows XP 100% Required. So it has actually been printed on Game boxes. So so far thats a plus I guess. I just can't wait until everything gets good and going. The only thing I'm wondering is if XBOX 360 and PS3 or going to take over computer gaming. Or PC's will just wait a while and come back and pwn the crap out of Consoles again. Who knows. Within a year everything will take a dramatic change.

Guys guys guys, just wait for 512 Bit proccesors... hell i probbaly won't live that long.

Next up from 64 is 128 then 256 then 512, omg just wait for 2048 Bit processors. I think we will go to a differen't system by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom