Stupid problem with FEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

bum

In Runtime
Well, I can't update or uninstall the darned thing, which means I can't install extraction point either, because it requires a patched version of FEAR. I contacted Sierra and monolith, but they're picking there noses and counting money.

Any ideas other than use it as a frisby?

can you be more specific?

1. so its installed does it run at present?

2. theres many patches for it UK, US versions going up to 1.08 I found doing it in increments from 1.05 FULL onwards was best.

3.Cant uninstall? what does it say? did you go to the folder and try the uninstall icon or control panel add and remove programs?

OMG I'm such an idiot (didn't include anything important).

Ok The the game is installed currently and runs, But if I try and patch it, it says "F.E.A.R. is not currently installed. Update aborted." I have two different patches, both give the same result. (I'll try your #2 in a bit).

when I try to uninstall I get this:

thats for both the control panel and straight through the uninstaller. As I said I contacted support, they know about the patch issue and have no solution and they haven't replied about the uninstaller. Also I tried it on a different harddrive, same thing pretty much (that was months ago). It's their software for sure:confused: .

Thats a nifty tool, I'll give sierra a week, then I'll try the above and if that don't work TORRENTs. Screw um it should be legal, not my fault they sold me a fubar version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom