Strange graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulrich23

Beta member
A few weeks ago I decided to play a game I hadn't played in a while, Madden 2004. When I started it, the opening splash screens (EA logo, "It's in the game") would freeze and stutter and take like 10 minutes to go through.

But inside the game, everything ran perfect. I have never had this problem before.

So I deleted the game and recently got Madden 2005. But I have the same exact problem with this one. It's obviously not the game.

The problem is only on the opening splash screens, everything else runs perfectly.

Hardware:

RAM - 1 gig
Processor - AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Video card - NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra w/ 256 mb video RAM with latest drivers

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What motherboard have you got? Try upgrading the drivers of the motherboard and sound card. Hell, worked for me....

Because it's just the publishers logo thats causing probs it may be some sort of media player problem.
Don't know if i'm explaing what i mean properly but these things are usually just small video clips and what ever program that is needed to run it is installed with the software itself (something like IndeoVideo maybe??)

Or maybe i'm just going in complete wrong direction:)

try moving the intro file into a temp. file and see if it works if not put the file back where it was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom