Strange BF2142 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
My brother bought BF2142 on ebay from a reputable seller with high ratings and a large number of sells. He installs the game, enters the cd key, and when he goes to play the game he comes across an error telling him "The cd key has already been registered with an account." He is unable to create an account sn or pw to play the game online or in single player.

Was he screwed by the seller or is there a solution to this?

TIA.

i dont think you'd get such an error message unless it was actually true? you cant trust ebay!

The solution is to either find a "crack" on the internet or call up the tech support for said product and try to get another key.

Ste said:
The solution is to either find a "crack" on the internet or call up the tech support for said product and try to get another key.

With the crack option, for each update another crack would be needed, correct? Are these the only two options?

That "I" Can think of, doesn't mean there aren't others.

Have you tried to call them say you need a new key, the one you have when you bought it from the store (Yes, I want you to lie) said it was already used..

I just find it strange. In the recent past I have bought many games over ebay to save from buying them at the $50 store price. (BF2, BF1942, Sim City 4 Deluxe, among others) I have never had any problems with any others. This is the first instance of any problems with used keys.

Thats what I think he will have to do next. Thanks for the help.

Ask the seller for his account name and password he created using that CD-Key, he should've already given it to you had he been an honest seller (but it is ebay...)
If he doesnt oblige, leave very negative feedback, as he essentially gave you something that you can torrent yourself and crack for free.

I refuse to buy BF2142, but my brother wanted to buy it, and I have a high end C2D system. EA has gone downhill in the quality of games lately, as well as the whole personal ads have turned me off as well.

I'll have my brother contact the seller and we'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom