Steam - What am i supposed to do now? :((((((

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be a corrupt registry setting. It's dangerous and you might end up having to do a complete Windows re-install, but I would scour the registry and delete every Steam value I could find, and then try re-installing Steam.

I've followed instructions on the net to manually delete all reg entries from steam. from what they said, there was only 2. Also, last time a reinstalled steam it gave me the "updating screen" (steam updates when u install a fresh copie of it). It got to 26% complete and stoped then went back to 0% and the whole cycle would repeat it self. I had to lug my pc to my friends house to get it updated. It really seems like my internet that is the problem. Steam works 100% correctly any time at my friends house on his ADSL2. I have a 30 KB/s satellite connection. Maybe steam has updated something that doesnt agree with slower connections.

I've followed instructions on the net to manually delete all reg entries from steam. from what they said, there was only 2. Also, last time a reinstalled steam it gave me the "updating screen" (steam updates when u install a fresh copie of it). It got to 26% complete and stoped then went back to 0% and the whole cycle would repeat it self. I had to lug my pc to my friends house to get it updated. It really seems like my internet that is the problem. Steam works 100% correctly any time at my friends house on his ADSL2. I have a 30 KB/s satellite connection. Maybe steam has updated something that doesnt agree with slower connections.

30kbps is pretty slow. And it's satellite so very high latency, you might find it won't log in due to connection and timeout issues due to bad latency (which is naturally worse when people are using it) which explains why it works okay in early morning or late night.

Well, i just left steam, gave up on it for a week and tryed it again and all the probs have gone. no connection issues at all. seems steam also did a small update when i logged on. maybe that fixed it, not sure but it works :). Thanks for all the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom