Steam - What am i supposed to do now? :((((((

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive.777

In Runtime
Hi,
i really cant believe this is happening. Steam wont start up. it sits in the process list doing nothing. the only time it works is reall early in the morning or really late at night (basicly when no one is using all the bandwidth.)
it will only work for a short 1 houre or so before it stops responding when i launch a game. i cant go in offline mode to play my games either, it say "could not connect to steam network bla de bla be bla" IAM TRYING TO GO OFFLINE and it says i can't connect ?!? i phoned my isp (skymesh satellite internet) and explained the problem in detail. the guy i spoke to uses steam all the time and he watched the usage while i connected. he said when i clicked on it, it only used a tincy tiny tiny tincy bit of internet, then stoped using it. Steam refuses to do anything and this has been ongoing for weeks now. No change.

I have exhausted every solution i could find. non of them work. the list of things ive done is endless. I just want to be able to play my many games i have installed and payed for, even if its offline, i dont care. steam used to work fine.

Please, please, please, please, please, please help me. lots of my earnt money has been spent on gaming hardware and games and its all a waste, a freaking waste

You say you've tried a bunch of solutions... could you list them?

Here's the usual list:
- Tried rebooting?
- Tried reinstalling steam?
- Tried using a different computer to see if it's the computer or the connection at fault?
- Tried virus scans using multiple programs?

Also, calm down ;) If nothing works then a reformat is bound to fix it.

As a certified Steam Hater I never have problems with Steam. You can't have a problem with something you don't use.

Yeah, ive tried all the things you have suggested including a reformat of the whole pc. Still doesnt work :(

here is a list of things ive done:

-rebooted the pc
-reinstalled steam
-called isp
-allowed steam through public firewall
-disabled fire wall
-reformated pc
-plug pc directly into modem
-disabled tcipv6
-virus scan
-disabling AVG
-uninstalling AVG
-uninstalling Super Anti spyware
-shut down pc and then boot back up
-created new network
-checked ports for steam are open
-tried starting steam with no connection then turning it back on again and press "retry"
-took pc to friends (ADSL) house and loged on and checked for updates (non)
-deleted "clientregistry.blob" and started steam
-deleted all dll's and started steam
-ran steam in safe mode with networking
-ran steam directly from folder instead of shortcut
-turned router off then on again
-updated router firmware
-reset router settings to factory default
-ran steam in compatibility mod with all operating systems
-ran steam as administrator
-changed steam download location (at friends house)
-installed steam to different location
-manauly uninstalled steam by deleting registry edits
-ran ccleaner
-ran defragler
-made sure all drivers were up to date
-searched a milllion times on google for an answer
-running steam on a different computer (same issue)

If you've tried logging into steam on a different computer and it's got the same problem, the issue can only be with your user account.

What have Steam said on the issue when you contacted them? Unless you haven't, in which case... that would be your next step.

i'am still awaiting a reply from steam support, they have terrible customer support. Also, if the ports were blocked, then why would steam only work in the morning and really late at night? wouldn't it not work at all?

This problem is still occuring........
i just can't think what to do next. How can it be that my only option is to give up pc gaming? thats all i can think to do. If i dont, this will drive me utterly insane as there is no solution for it. How can steam/valve legaly do this? if i want to play pc games, i need to have steam, no choice

Please, can this thread NOT be one that gets forgoten and never replied to. I keep encouraging you guys to throw possible ideas at me. Keep it up please, it will eventually pay of iam sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom