Steam: The Ultimate Gaming Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you neglect your drive, it will come back and scratch your disks just to get even. it will up the power of its laser thingy and burn nice little holes in your disks :D

-problem with steam is they package games together so you can get really good deals on like css, hldm and dod, but if you want like gta:sa you have to pay like 60 bucks and you get a bunch of dumb other games that you don't really want..

What do you mean? I just bought GTA SA alone for $17.95. You can get some REALLY good multiplayer games for like $9.95 too.

Not having to use the disks = no scratched disks.

Besides, a hacked EXE can show up as a hack in certain circumstances. I game with my clan, and we are very unforgiving regarding any hacks or cheats. Mounting images are completely safe and legal.

also some people don't have that fast internet and takes a while to download the game, for me installation is faster than download and installation, plus i enjoy havening the cases and something physical when i pay for a game that being said steam is great for anti piracy

yeah, i understand the physical part. For me it just feels like more responsibility. I feel like steam is my gaming consultant, my butler of fragging, my board of entertainment advisers, lol...

They are really good for anti-piracy too like you said. Back in 05 they had this thing called Steam Down which GUTTED their securities and basically said "you own everything, enjoy!" But they smashed that soon enough.

It's cheap.

It's forever.

It's one-time buy.

And they're buying up contracts left and right. Steam is just so amazing. I just love how self-contained the whole system is and that they handle everything for you, from purchasing to installation to online play. I saw the Rockstar contract just the other day, and thought... ohhhh man. This is getting awesome. How sweet would it be if eventually almost every single blockbuster game could be purchased for life through Steam?

my opinion on Steam is exactly was what KMAN once had on his sig before somebody took it down... I Don't like it, however some of their features I was a major fan of, like the No need of CD's

lol mounting image is lazy? using a cracked exe is even lazier ;p

i like steam. i like how the games are updated for me. havent ever had any problems That I've noticed. All games come with their glitches.

As for the buy and download. No Thanks. I'll go buy my disks and install them that way. The fact that steam allows for no cd use rocks. I AM too lazy to mount images for everything. Thats actually why I havent played fear lately. The disc is right here beside me... yet I don't want to put forth the effort to swap WiC for Fear.. what if i wanted to play WiC again? swap... bleh LOL.

not to mention most games today don't even come in real cases. Just those lame paper insert things. I don't even have a nice shiny display box for fear + xpacs, WIC, lost planet, nwn2 and 1 or 2 more.

anyhow i've strayed off subject lol I like steam. The updates go darn fast for me. most finish within minutes. I've never had steam crash on me. and i won't bother tryign the download your game thing. like heck i'm gonna go download a 4 gig game at a buddys house just to play for a few min. lol

I hate steam for only one reason: when they converted HL over to run on steam they fked with the hit registration, and I was a hardcore HL:DM player, really ****ed my off.
Other than that, I like being able to just up and play/buy/download games with no effort at all in minutes, never had any problems, though I've never ventured outside of the Valve/HL games on steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom