Steam problem, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey, I installed steam with dark mesiah of might and magic, then foudn out the game was so unstable it cant even run properly... So I uninstalled it, with steam.

Now i'm trying to install steam and the orange box again but when i try to install steme, the initial window "updating steam - 0-10%" pops up, but when it gets to 26% it gives an error saying "Steam is already running, only one application of steam can run at the same time" then cancels. I can't do anything. Steam wont run, it's not registering as installed, so i can't install any of the games. It's not showing on add-remove programs.

I've checked process explorer and theres no steam running.

I had a similar problem with that same error.

What I did is went to Task Manager>Processes> then I looked for Steam.exe and shut it down.

Then try to start steam up again.

I had a similar problem with that same error.

What I did is went to Task Manager>Processes> then I looked for Steam.exe and shut it down.

Then try to start steam up again.

he said that steam wasn't running in task manager

just restart your PC? lol... magic!

i have, several times. and i've made sure that steam doesn't run in msconfig.

is there any way that it could have been caused by an improper uninstall last time. if so is there any program i can use that can remove the 'ghost'? bleh steam is so aggrivating

steam is amazing, its the future of pc gaming and without it, PC gaming would likely die out soon...

anyways...

ask on the steam official forums or send in a support ticket, thats the best way to get it done...

I love steam, when it works. when it doesnt, man its a ***** to fix, and i cant run any of the games while this one client isnt working. That imo is retarded, they should at least be able to run seperate steam.

steam is amazing, its the future of pc gaming and without it, PC gaming would likely die out soon...

No lol
PC gaming would not die out if steam was not around. I dont know how you get that theory but its wrong lol

TBH Steam has its up sides but for the most part i would much rather not have to deal with its BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom