Steam Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
I am trying to update my CS:CZ on slow internet (30kbps Max) and whenever i type in my cd key for it, it bring up downloads for downloading the whole game, but i already have the whole game installed, i just wanna download the updated files from what i already have. I did it before on my other computer, when i did it on there, my download started at 67% cuz i already had those files from my already installed files, but on this computer it seems to be oblivious to the fact that i already have them

You shouldnt have to type in your cd key once you have the game installed and did the first activation. It should just automatically start updating in your "my games"tab.

hmmm, yea it did that on my other pc, but not this. When i first installed steam, it had CS, CS deleted scenes, and CS CZ all on downloads, and all marked not installed, so i clicked install and it started downloading the whole games cuz i already had the cd key on my account from doing it on my previous computer, but for some reason it cant recognize that i already have 2/3 the files its trying to download. Should i try reinstalling CS CZ now that i have steam installed, and maybe it will recognize that a steam game has been installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom