Steam L4D Preorder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Okay i just preordered L4D over steam, I thought the game would download, and then active on the 18th when it's released ? It appears not, so what does happen - please don't say i can only start downloading it on release day :mad: ?

Sorry dude. You can only start downloading on release day :/

At least that's what happens for every game I pre-order on steam.

Luckily steam is blazing fast so it only takes me an hour or two to download the big games.
I don't usually crash till 6AM so I just start the download before bed, it's done and installed when I get up.
Either that or I set my alarm 2 hours earlier, wake up and start the download, then go back to bed :/

in reality it's quicker to just go pick up the disc at EBGames or something, but I'm just really lazy.

From what I have heard, pre load will be available one week before release. So possible on the public demo release day.

I guess it doesn't really matter, i can download at 12am and by the time i get home from school it should be done :)

Does steam operate on american times or GMT ?

Ah method replied just before i did :D I hope that's true !

It would make sense for them to allow pre load a week before release, I mean, there not gonna change anything in the game 1 week prior to release. They just cant with it being assembled in factory's and being shipped out to shops etc...

Preload is officially available on the 15th of November. So you can preload 3 days before steam release.

Most 1st-party steam games (ie Valve games) will pre-load on pre-orders. Non-valve games like Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 won't pre-load because the content is not valve's.

Most 1st-party steam games (ie Valve games) will pre-load on pre-orders. Non-valve games like Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 won't pre-load because the content is not valve's.

l4d is a turtle-rock game that valved helped with, so it might or might not preload

It would make sense for them to allow pre load a week before release, I mean, there not gonna change anything in the game 1 week prior to release. They just cant with it being assembled in factory's and being shipped out to shops etc...

Preload is officially available on the 15th of November. So you can preload 3 days before steam release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom