Steam issue after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everything steam related on the C drive?

edit: also is this a error opening steam or trying to launch a game from steam?

Yes everything related to steam is on the C drive. This is an error opening a game which is Empires total war to be exact.

for about 30 seconds (literally a minute ago ETW was downloading an update at 4.4kb/s I swear there servers are severely inadequate!

Funny that is the exact same game others had a issue with. The issue is most likely because you are missing the exe file in the common directory. You will need to find a way to download it or have a friend send you the exe.

Bet that is the problem

edit: I wonder if that update you were downloading was the exe file. I bet it was since so many others reported this problem.

I do have the .exe file I just checked.

I found a bunch of people with the same issue on various forums. It seems the issue wit most of them was a missing exe file in a directory. The fix was to put the exe file there.

From what I read updating or re-downloading from steam doesn't work. One person was successful by having a friend send him the exe file via MSN.

Perhaps if you have someone on steam friends that you know or a friend here that has empires they could send you the exe?

If YES. I'd back up your current exe and place it somewhere and try the exe you get from a friend. It might be that the exe in your steam is corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom