steam CS problem help PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyo

In Runtime
any steam game i try and play doesnt work...
it alwqys says "this game is not ready to be played in offline mode"
i dont have the cd cuz my buddy installed it on my comp, but when we played lan it played w/o disk

how can i get it to play in offline mode?

you need to go online first and download all the needed files. Are you using his account info? If so get his permission to go online with it first. Once you have everthing you need downloaded (just attempt to play the game with steam in online mode) then you should be able to play offline.

if you are still having problems the "steam forums" at www.steampowered.com at the top will really help more than this but right now, it looks like you haven't updated your files yet. Get online and right click on all YOUR games (not the "soon" or "Just realeased") goto properties and select "Always Keep updated for soemthing like that" and let it download, if your not sure if its doing anything, goto the bottom right of ur screen select the black gear and right click on it, click on MONITOR and it will tell u what games are updating, how much bandwidth its using and stuff like that, if its your first time updating since u installed HL2, its best if you leave it overnight. Even on my 1.5MB Connection it took like 4 -5 hours. so on a slower DSL or even worse dial up connection it will take longer.

i had all updates for condition zero and regular CS
i dont have HL2
and i have dial up lol

Heyyo,

Ouch, dialup.. but you do need to update.

Ok, one thing you can try doing is just copying your bud's condition zero folders n' such over to your computer that way you have the exact same everything then just customize your name n' video settings n' such to suit your and your comp. Make sure you do this while NOT logged into steam. After you're done transferring you can log into steam.

You can copy over all his files EXCEPT for the clientregistry.blob file. That you need to delete and let steam download it for you. Sucks that your on Dialup. Valve is quite mean =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom