steam crashing/not working/bsod's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
i didn't really know where to put this because it could be hardware related, but i think it is just steam.

I bought frontlines fuel of war today on steam because of the weekend deal. I go to install it, it gets to about 10% and my computer bsoded...i start it up again, try to install again, about 2 mins in it does the same thing. I try restarting and it bsod's at the windows loading screen. The next restart i got in though. I try running steam again and it says connecting to my account, then it disappears...i tried multiple times to no avail, it does not go anywhere. 20 seconds later it bsoded again. So i restarted again, this time i did not run steam, and it did not bsod. So i figured it was steam causing it...i go to look for a solution online, i google steam causing bsod's...as soon as i hit enter it bsoded again... after several tried of googling and forum stuff, i could not find any similar problems online (it bsoded in the middle of looking for them several times)....it seems as long as i do not look for a solution to the problem, or start steam, it does not bsod what so ever....so wtf is going on lol. Any ideas? I would rather not have to reinstall steam, as i have a download cap and would not be able to download my games again this month.

I know you don't want to, but try reinstalling. If you can't download your games try backing them up, that's what I do. :)

well, i forgot that i had oced some since i got my new mobo...i turned it back to stock clocks and i have not bsoded again yet... dont know why it would all of a sudden become unstable, i'll have to take a day and do another oc, but anyway...now steam still does the same thing though, says it is connecting to my account, but then just goes away....no bsod though so that is good. Guess the solution is still pretty much to re-install steam though

EDIT: i just copied the steam apps folder and that worked...it let me login after i reinstalled steam and i have not bsoded in about 5 mins of having steam running now...i hope it doesn't...thanks for the help man.

think i am going to have to make a new thread for this. Because i think it was just a coincidence that this happened with steam. I thought re-installing steam had fixed it. But i came home from school today and my computer was sitting at a black screen with the blinking white underscore thing. I restarted and it went straight to asus bios flash thing. It said that the bios might be corrupted, so i did the repair with it. when it was done it restarted and it bsoded mid way, then i tried again and it went to the check disk thing....i let it check the c drive for consistencies and it restarted when it finish...mid boot it went to a black screen that said this:

"The file is possibly corrupt. The file header check sum does not match the computed check sum" i wrote it down."

I restarted again and it booted right into windows no problem... so wtf i going on? I'm thinking the os got ****ed up somehow. Any ideas other then re-installing?

EDIT: im gonna make a new thread in the proper section for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom