Steam Christmas Holiday Specails - Dec 24 to Jan 03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much I like anything from modern to sci-fi I am looking at storm rise and highly considering getting it tonight.
One question though, if I buy it will they at least send me a DVD for backup purposes ?

No, they will not send you a dvd for back up purposes Mike.

You will play the game thru Steam...so you wont have any need for any dvd version....once you buy it...you will always have it....if something happens and you need to reinsatll windows or anything....you can just download the game again, no problem.

Ok then thats what I figured.
I am going to find a demo for it and see how like it before I buy tonight.

Definitely gonna grab Burnout: Paradise. One of my favourite 360 games, but on PC (better graphics) and with most of the DLC. You can't lose!

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but a game called Killing Floor is on sale right now 75% off for $5. I bought two copies, one for me and one for a friend of mine. It's a fun game! Like a cross between Left 4 Dead and Zombie Panic! Source. Fast paced, has a nice leveling system, six player coop. Very fun :D

Also on today:
The Orange Box $15, 50% off
Prey: $2.25, 80% off
Burnout Paradise: $7.49, 75% off

Pretty much I like anything from modern to sci-fi I am looking at storm rise and highly considering getting it tonight.

Dead Space
Fall Out 3 GOTY

One question though, if I buy it will they at least send me a DVD for backup purposes ?
No.

I normally just back up my steam directory when I am reinstalling windows
There is a back up to DVD feature avalable in steam, however I have 2 problems with it
1. It takes forever to backup and restore. It's quicker just to copy and paste my steam directory.
2. For some reason, restoring takes up a lot of internet bandwidth. I am not sure why this is the case.

Today's specials are

King Arthur - The Role Playing Wargame $19.99
Jade Empire : Special Edition $3.75
Company Of Heroes : Tales Of Valor $7.50
Mr. Robot $1.99
Stormrise $7.49

I am currently considering about picking up Jade Empire

Considering ? it's the price of a large chocolate bar. There's not alot to concider.

Snap em up i say.

iv spent about 25 bucks on the sale so far

mirrors edge
defense grid; the awkening
overlord
bioshock
and the zombie island dlc for borderlands

I really wish Steam carried Geometry Wars...if they did I bet it would be on sale for $1.99. I love that game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom