StarWars Galaxies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

Baseband Member
Hi all !

I really want to buy StarWars Galaxies, since I know it's a great game, and all I read about it make me want to play it, but there is a big problem... I must pay every month in order to play it ! I cant do that, since i'm not rich, i'm a student so i don't work and don't earn money...
Well so I was wondering if there is not a free server for this game (I know there is one for Dark Age of Camelot).
Please if someone know where I could find this, tell me. I know I'm probably dreaming, but who knows ? Thank you for your help...

Well... Thank you for trying to help me. I thing I'm gonna wait for SW :KOTOR and JK3. No MMORPG for me...

im getting star wars galaxies this saturday.

I have the cash to pay it plus with the help of a cable modem it will be a kick ass game.

I don't mean to mock you but having a cable modem to play games like Star Wars galaxies is just one of those things people brag about.

I also play Command and Conquer Yuri's Revenge over the internet with my modem.

Cable modem has forever changed my life.

By the way, how old are you?

I use ADSL for my connection. It's fast too... :) With it I play JK2, CS, DoD, Battlefield 1942, C&C Generals, C&C Renegade, etc... and I would want to play SWG too but I can't... :(
Btw I'm 19 since 10th August... :p

thats a real shame. I personally dont think games should have monthly access fees. It takes away the fun of the game when youre continuously pumping money into it. At 50$ a pop for the game and 10$+ per month, kids without jobs (which comprise a large portion of the gaming community) will not be able to come to this game so easily. But, the same is with Everquest and people are ready and willing to dish out the cash for it. SW:G is, in my opinion, a better looking and feeling game than EQ, but Ive never played it before so I dont know the gameplay or whether it is worth the monthly fee.

pretty much any MMORPG is going to have a monthly fee and that is only beacuse they have to pay people to keep up the servers, and constantly buy new servers as new people join the games, it is a shame that P2P games exist, but in the end it all comes down to $$, i really want to play world of warcraft (as warcraft is my fav series) but im not sure im willing to dish out the $10-20 a month for it, ill just stick with warcraft 3, a F2P online game, i play online @ home on a 33.2kbs connection, rofl, and the only reason i do is beacause there is no high speed offered where i live (i live 50 miles from a major city, where i work) the only option is satellite, which has either a $600 install charge and then its $70 a month, or you pay $100 a month for the first year, then $70 a month after that

g5orbust said:
At 50$ a pop for the game and 10$+ per month, kids without jobs (which comprise a large portion of the gaming community) will not be able to come to this game so easily.

Actually, I was reading Electronic Gaming Monthly and it said that most of the gamers around the world are between the ages of 19 and 27. I also saw a close estimate to EGM's in a New York Times article.

Also you have to understand that operating a game a huge as Star Wars Galaxies on servers requires a lot of work. And the specifications of the game stated that the developers plan to continously add expansion packs. Lucas Arts can't pay its develpors with wupiupi (Currency on Tatooine). I think its well worth the mere 14 bucks a month.

:nerd:

Bah..just wait a few months and the free servers will come up..they are probably already working on a server emulator right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom