Starting up a Game - Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for replies.

I dont know if I shoul get a new computer. Maybe I'll get an AlienWare NoteBook

I fiured out that I have to buy the original WoW then the expansion pack (burning crusade).

Yup - I'm another one who suggest you "invest" in a new computer.
You'll be able to upgrade to get something going on your current one, but not long from now you'll just plain need a new comp, so the upgrade money will be a waste.

IMO -Don't spend money to put off the inevitable spending of money.

;)

Ok. Since Windows Vista is out, I guess it makes a pretty good opportunity to get a new computer.

Even though WoW has 512MB set as the minimum requirements, it will still have problems compared to 1GB. That's why 1GB is "recommended" by Blizzard.

If you do get a new computer, I would recommend something loaded with a Core 2 Duo CPU. Anyone will run games just fine, even if you don't tweak it.

If you want to play WoW, get something with 1GB and a decent PCI Express (PCI-E x16) video card (I wouldn't get anything less than a 7600GS or X1600 pro/XT). This game isn't too CPU intensive although I still recommend the Intel Core 2 Duo (C2D).

Now, whether you are going to build it yourself or buy pre-built is another question. The majority of people here will tell you to build it yourself, but that is mainly because it's cheaper and you know what your getting and I am included in that majority. However the question comes down to you. Doing it yourself isn't as nearly as hard as the average person out there thinks it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom