starting a lan gameing center

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
You've got a lot more overhead then you think.

Consider:

Electricity, Water, Gas/Oil "Heating", "Cooling", Insurance "Renters insurance 100% & Liability", Security "Alarm, Camera, recording.
Advertising and marketing costs. [Staff? Employees?]

Not to mention the hardware, software & licenses, back-up - UPS's... networking equipment... ISP "high speed" T1/T3

You're looking at about $50,000.00+ for start up...

I'm actually starting a Gaming Center up at the present and this response couldn't be more accurate. You also need to factor in Legal/Accounting Fees. You don't want to talk to a commercial realtor without a lawyer present....trust me. The alarm will be/should be included in the real estate. Currently, I have a full T1, 12 PCs ($1300 a piece..which includes everything even shipping), 6 consoles, 3 32' flat screen TVs, furniture (chairs, couches and tables). Point of Sale software for all of your PCs (LAN Center software), Games, More Games, and more games, stick with a few sodas and snacks to start out with, contractors (Networking, Electricians, etc), router, switch, cabling....the list can go on.

I'm on target at about $42,000 currently (this doesn't include pocket change +/- $5,000 to have on hand just in case).

Also, as far as real estate goes, you need about 1100 to 1400 square feet. And I don't know about prices per square ft. up there, but you want to stick around $11 to $14/sqft. Anything higher is too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom