Stargate RTS....why has no one done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the genie engine not dated now? Also a complaint was it lacked the option of "attack through/on-route", as in you click a location, your units will stop and attack what's on the way, it wasn't possible I don't think.

One thing I liked about it when I tried Age of Empires II was that I found units in a formation would stick to it better then other RTS games.

Genie Engine is dated. But some thing with simulare game play.

yeah or it could have a campaign a little like Dawn of War:soul storm with it's battle for the solar system between those 4 or 5 planets, but obviously a rather galactic scale.

I would like to see that in a campaign mode.
Like you could choose your race - Asgard · Asurans · Genii · Goa'uld · Jaffa · Kull Warriors · Ori · Replicators · Tok'ra or Wraith and then work your way across the galaxy.

I would like to see that in a campaign mode.
Like you could choose your race - Asgard · Asurans · Genii · Goa'uld · Jaffa · Kull Warriors · Ori · Replicators · Tok'ra or Wraith and then work your way across the galaxy.

yeah..what about Humans(Tau'ri) too though haha.

Only problem is making it make sense...as in why would the Asgard want to war with all those races. Then again DOW:dark crusade and soul storm had space marines fighting imperial guard so... it's possible.

^that would be cool. Although the kull wariors were created by the goa'uld...so they should not be there own race. Also the asurans (maybe im thinking of the wrong race here though) are human form replicators, so they should be with the replicators as well...

^that would be cool. Although the kull wariors were created by the goa'uld...so they should not be there own race. Also the asurans (maybe im thinking of the wrong race here though) are human form replicators, so they should be with the replicators as well...

aye tis true.

I think too many races would overcomplicate it. If you want A DOW: soul storm style(like the game risk, taking countries, or planets in this case) campaign where your taking over a galaxy or a portion of one I'd say you'd need less playable races. Also I'm unsure if you'd want to leave out the Ori and the Stargate Atlantis content for the first game, then do Atlantis in one expansion and Ori in another.

There's so many races to choose from but ones which have enough going for them to make playable races with a variety of infantry/tanks and structures to make a solid RTS race are...

Replicators

Humans

Goa'uld(unsure if you'd want Jaffa and Goa'uld as separate races or not..maybe not both playable... or like C&C3:kanes wrath where you could select Goa'uld or jaffa as two choices for what is technically one race technology wise)

Wraith

Tok'ra

I'll leave out Asgard...their more space faring, I suppose you could invent a few tanks and armoured infantry though(battlesuits).

The Genii would be a bit usless tbh as they have WW2 technology, surely it would get obsolete as you went up tech levels?

^the genni are no where near space faring, so yeah, they would suck, they would be limited to gate travel, and crappy weaponry.

^the genni are no where near space faring, so yeah, they would suck, they would be limited to gate travel, and crappy weaponry.

yeah the majority of races would just be AI controlled native races I think, or ones you happen across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom