starforce dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenNcheese

In Runtime
read an article that starforce is slowly going to die as more game devs are moving away from it due to outcry from their fans.

i used to be a fan of starforce till i realised it sticks around after u uinstall the game and slows things down. the expensive SF (splinter cell 3 for eg) was a really good form of protection and SF had potential untill this.

i reckon the best protection would be to release the game full of bugs (almost unplayable) and release a patch at the same time which fixes everything but is only downloadable through a steam like system. however one cd key can only download once.

There is this form of copy protection that was used on Operation Flashpoint that I think was pretty neat.

If you are using an illegal copy, the game will play perfectly - for a day. After a day, the game will slowly degrade. You'll fire a shot and hit a log 10 meters from your target, you wont be able to run, etc etc. The idea is that you get hooked, and then you cant play it...so what do you do? you go buy a copy.

And ill dance on starforce's grave

ahh flashpoint, great game....GET A FRIGGIN SEQUEL OUT!!!!!!!

that copy protection was alright, but if u were using a crack on an install from an original disk it worked without degrading. therein lay the problem.

i understand why everyone is so keen to see SF go, but i think it was onto a good thing, just didnt get there.

chickenNcheese said:
ahh flashpoint, great game....GET A FRIGGIN SEQUEL OUT!!!!!!!

that copy protection was alright, but if u were using a crack on an install from an original disk it worked without degrading. therein lay the problem.

i understand why everyone is so keen to see SF go, but i think it was onto a good thing, just didnt get there.

http://www.codemasters.nl/flashpoint2/usa/operationflashpoint2.php

ive gotta say, ive heard of it before but nothing materialised. an clicking on your link, i got this from their site:

[Operation Flashpoint 2] will be published by Codemasters in late 2004 for the PC

and since there has not been any news or anything of the such lately im hearing duke nukem forever starting to play in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom