starcraft on vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a way to put starcraft on vista?
What do you mean? It installs just fine without changing anything from the defaults. Just note that when you put the disc in, UAC (User Account Control) will be prompting you to either allow/deny Setup.exe (the auto-run on the CD)...just allow it and you're good to go.

Want to 1v1? :cool:

lol, my mistake. i've never used vista and for some reason it wasn't letting me run the cd and never prompted to auto-play. i figured it out now though.

actually i haven't played in a while.. however 3v3 zc was my thing back in the day.

That was a valid question, I had to do some tweaking in my registry to get Diablo 2 to work under Vista. A lot of older games have been having problems with vista... heck, most games have some issues under vista whether it be the game's fault or vista's.

I have serious issues using starcraft under vista, none with diablo 2, and none with warcraft 2, but several with warcraft 3 and tft... GAY!!!!

yeah i finally got mine to work most of the time. it has some video issues every now and then but only when it first starts up, and a simple restart of the game fixes it. Im going to to wc3 soon and i'll see how that works.

i'm having trouble, too. it won't even install. gets halfway through and hangs. i tried different compatibility settings, to no avail. any other suggestions?

i'm having trouble, too. it won't even install. gets halfway through and hangs. i tried different compatibility settings, to no avail. any other suggestions?

People need to specify what you're working with - 64-bit or 32-bit... there's a big difference problem-wise.

I guess I'm lucky though, as I've had one incompatible program on Vista 32-bit thus far, and that was just a cheesy third-party map editor for Starcraft. (I've installed

Always be sure to download the latest Windows updates...other then that... I don't know what to say. :freak:

People need to specify what you're working with - 64-bit or 32-bit... there's a big difference problem-wise.

It says "Version 1.05b" and "Windows 98/95/NT" on the disk.

I have a 32-bit system. I have the nvidia geforce 7300 le.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom