is starcraft laggy? i want to buy it badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehelm

Daemon Poster
hello folks

i want to buy starcraft ( yes, i shall be struck by zeus's mighty thunder for havent played it before ) but reccently i went to my friends house and hola crap what a good game...its so simple yet so addictive and there are uncountable amounts of strategy that you can use

so what i wanna know is, is there lag in battlenet online play? because ive played quite a lot rts, and the online matches usually suffer from lag...on the server browsers, even the lowest ping game is like 100, and when i click on the units, i have to wait for like 3 seconds before it actually responses. I know starcraft is old, so it shouldnt use up as much bandwidth as the newer rts games. I have a LAN setup with other people and i believe this is a broadband connection...when i play cs 1.6 the servers on the browse list is mostly 10-60...so i dont think its my connections problem, you know in some rts games, when you're playing suddenly a window appears and says " waiting for user....click to drop player" and the game freezes for everyone else in the game...its so annoying, i hope starcraft doesnt have that , because i really wanna play it without lag online.

thanks so much, and sorry that i dont know much about this game

Ususally there is not much lag. It really depends on who you are playing with. If your opponents/allies have bad connections (a lot of people are still on dial-up) then the game can lag pretty bad. If you pick your games wisely, lag can be minimal.

You have to remember that when Starcraft was released practically everyone used dial-up. Some were even slower than the familiar 56k (33.6, 28.8 even). This game was made to run on slow dial-up connections. Whatever you've got now should play this game perfectly.

I used to play it alot on dial up, i think. No lag in anycase, get it for the singleplayer misions too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom