Starcraft II vs other RTS games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ From that review:
"The problem lies in that StarCraft II will only utilize two cores and as a result a Phenom II X4 965 will not be any faster than a Phenom II X2 555. This proved to be a real issue for older quad-core processors like the Core 2 Quad Q6600, which delivered very poor performance even when overclocked to 3.0GHz. When testing we found that a minimum frame rate of 30fps was ideal, sadly the Q6600 only allowed for a minimum frame rate of 22fps when coupled with the mighty GeForce GTX 480. "

My AMD Athlon 6000+ handles sc2 just fine with 7 computers and me going head to head...

I get occasional lag, but that is due to me running the game with bad ram and the editor open in the back ground.

BEWARE! The menus in SCII are apparently maxing out GPU's and making some of the lower end ones FRY. Just letting you all know.

star craft came out first,

Sorry to tell you this, but WarHammer 40 000 has been around for much longer than StarCraft. WarHammer 40 000 (or WarHammer 40 000: Rogue Trader) offically came out in October 1987.

^^^ From that review:
"The problem lies in that StarCraft II will only utilize two cores and as a result a Phenom II X4 965 will not be any faster than a Phenom II X2 555. This proved to be a real issue for older quad-core processors like the Core 2 Quad Q6600, which delivered very poor performance even when overclocked to 3.0GHz. When testing we found that a minimum frame rate of 30fps was ideal, sadly the Q6600 only allowed for a minimum frame rate of 22fps when coupled with the mighty GeForce GTX 480. "

11 years in development and they decided not to support quad core ? what the heck. Sail the fail boat.

I need me an i7.

Despite all this hate, it's the most fun i've have playing an RTS since command and conquer red alert/aftermath/counterstrike :S
I didn't even care for the first starcraft.
runs smooth as silk for me at 1680x1050. Notice a bit of slowdown in 8 player deathmatch but doesn't last long :S

doesn't run well at 1920x1200 though >_> oh well NBD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom