StarCraft II

My boy plays still as well. He was apparently quite good when playing all the time. Don't know what skill level he is now.

I used to watch him play and get "ranked" occasionally. Apparently, it is/was a TV show in Korea or somewhere and the players made pretty good money.

Refused to play any Blizzard game until they're not online-only again. That's been the case since 2007 :p

I used to watch him play and get "ranked" occasionally. Apparently, it is/was a TV show in Korea or somewhere and the players made pretty good money.

It's a national sport in South Korea (IIRC). At least it used to be in the BW days. Companies used to pay players for their StarCraft team... they take it pretty serious there. If I'm playing a game, say "GL HF" and get an oriental response, well at least I know there's nothing I can do haha.

Refused to play any Blizzard game until they're not online-only again. That's been the case since 2007 :p

To be fair, you CAN play StarCraft offline* :)

This was only done to stem cheating. In the days of Diablo 2, I can't tell you how many Stones of the Jordan I hacked. Some people even sold these hacked items on Ebay for real money. The online requirement is to stop that.

*You much connect once every 30 days to verify subscription

Tried that arcade custom mode, some neet stuff there, in all starcraft 2 wasnt the game I was hoping for.

The new Co-op and Archon modes are quite fun as well. I've become much more of the casual SC gamer myself... certainly the online PvP stuff has gotten far too intense for my family schedule :(

Back
Top Bottom