Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Do you think a Macbook Pro is strong enough to handle Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2?
I am planning on buying the Macbook Pro to make my spending for a laptop worthwhile. If the Macbook Pro isn't able to handle Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2 then I will settle down on just buying a cheap Macbook.

Here are the specs:

Macbook Pro :

2.5 ghz core 2 duo, geforce 8600m 512mb or 256mb, 2 gb ddr2 667mhz ram

and the Macbook itself is pretty much the same thing but with an integerated memory.

I do not think that the games will be multi platform on PC. I think they will only run on Windows not Mac.

Cheers,
Mak

Diablo 3 is launched on windows And mac. So says the official FAQ anyway. I dont know about starcraft.

D3 FAQ said:
Will Diablo III be available on Windows and Mac simultaneously?
Yes. As with all of Blizzard Entertainment's recent releases, Diablo III will ship for both Windows and Mac simultaneously.

As per system requirements we have no clue for D3. They aren't listed yet. I'd say it could probably run on a Good mac book pro, but maybe not maxed out?

Comparing it to neverwinter nights 2 is probably a close bet.

Um I wouldn't worry if you have an 8600m.

For me I'm worrying about whether it will run or not on my thinkpad.... I'm a little uneasy right now about it.

the graphics in d2 looked fantastic to me when it was released. The d3 graphics don't look half bad, and the physics engine will be a nice touch. It does look like it adapted some of that lower quality cartoonishness that they're other games are being plagued with but maybe it won't be too bad.

as far as warcraft and wow go they're just cartoony lumps of junk graphically. >.> Starcraft wasn't bad for when it was released either, especially as far as RTS games go.

For the record, do you guys think my laptop has a chance of running it.
I'm happy with low settings and a low resolution by the way, as long as I have a solid framerate. No diablo fan should be affected by bad graphics.

i have no clue sorry :S I avoid laptops like the plague so don't know anything about it. but like mentioned above, bliz has always been good with low-end system requirements, so i'd imagine it could be playable on low settings, judging by their track record anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom