Starcraft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerj14

In Runtime
well im going to new york on the 3rd of January and me and my friend are taking starcraft on the plane with us. We both have Ibooks and I heard it is possible to play starcraft with some sort of Link called a Null modem cable? is this Possible? to connect this cable to our ibooks and play?

yes lan each other on the plane. no i was aware all you needed was a certain cable because starcraft has a internet mode called direct cable connection or something and you just need a null modem to connect to each other

Theres 2 versions of RJ-45 cables, Version A and Version B both just have different wiring schemes. When you have a cable that has A at one end and B at the other end that is a cross over cable and one that has A on one and and A on the other is a patch cable, vise versa with ver B. I believe you you use the cross over cable for connecting 2 ibooks/pcs/whatever basically 2 computers

All you need is a cross over cable and start a LAN game in StarCraft. You will probably need to have IPX enabled in network settings, but I don't know about Macs.

all you need to do is make a cross over cable that is what you use when you are linking 2 computers directly to each other. Cause if you use the normal cable you would need a router that would do the crossing over for you. It is pretty simple to make all you need to do is go on a networking website and get the instructions ok.

A crossover cable, a regular cable with a crossover adapter, or the null modem cable as you said.

The problem with the null cable is that most modern laptops (and many desktops) don't have that port on your PC...so I'd check that first before considering this option.

I bought a few null cables a couple years back from Radio Shack, since they were on sale for $1/ea...they come in handy now and then, but it's more for fun/play then anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom