Is Star Wars Galaxies worth getting

Status
Not open for further replies.
To truly appreciate the graphical potential of this game you need a computer that is AT LEAST DOUBLE the recommended specs.

so i would say you need..

1GB Ram
256MB Video Card
Broadband connection
LCD display

I have played this game on a suped-uped ALienware pc and its amazing.

RIght now im playing on a old compaq presario laptop and i have all the graphical settings set to the minimum. It sucks, but I almost have enough $ to build a brand new gaming pc.

soundgarden said:
To truly appreciate the graphical potential of this game you need a computer that is AT LEAST DOUBLE the recommended specs.

so i would say you need..

1GB Ram
256MB Video Card
Broadband connection
LCD display

1GB Ram does make a world of difference. I have seen SWG on my sister's system at it really helps when loading planets and crossing populare areas (Eg. Corronette).

And you do need double the spec that what is on the box. I remember stuggling with my old Duron 1300

hey Silesia, whats your force status?

I am glowing. The force is with me :) I am just waiting on the old man to pay me a visit and jedi padawan here i come!!

By the way Silesia, I see you are from Australia. If you ever want to visit Valcyn we have a huge Australian population. You can visit a city called Southern Citadel on Naboo. All the Aussies live there. If you need soem cash to start up the character send me a mail to Anori :)

Silesia said:
Which server you playing on???

Interested in joining a IMP Guild?

My details are as follows :-
SWG Server : Ahazi
SWG Name :- Karlan Arashi
Profession :- MASTER IMAGE DESIGNER ; Pikeman 4/3/2/3
Guild :- Eternal Darkness <ED> (GUILD RECRUITER)
Guild Home Page :- eternaldarkness.everythingdata.com
Faction :- Imp

Sure. I've got a marksman/brawler on his way to becoming a smuggler on Sunrunner. And I just started a new char last night on the way to becoming a bounty hunter. Looks like it's gonna be a long road on that one. Can't remember the server on that one tho. I'll post it up later tonight.

How hard is it to move Characters between servers?

Also, for those of you that unlocked the force sensitive slot, how did you do it? I know it's different for everyone....

Bulldog said:

How hard is it to move Characters between servers?

Also, for those of you that unlocked the force sensitive slot, how did you do it? I know it's different for everyone....

Its not hard at all to move characters between server. You just go to the main page, chooose which type of transfer you want, and pay the price. Yes SWG charges for character transfers. A nice little money maker :)

For unlocking force sensitivity you have to earn specific badges. An old man will visit you and grant you access to this secret village where you get quests to help you on your way to jedi. However, the village "spawns" periodically so it will take a noobie VERY long to get jedi.

For me, I was what many called a "post-9 unlocker". I mastered 32 professions therefore i was automatically granted jedi. HOwever, they removed that system and replaced it with the new quest based one.

-sg

Umm on the origanal question,depends on if ur into starwars heavliy or into MMORPG. Starwars fans, good buy of course, but dont forget others things, ecpeccialy not the Galatic Conquest Mod for BF1942 witch is spectacular for some1 that is just looking for some satisfying SW Material in other-forms. And for just a plain ole MMORPG i dont suggest getting this title, save your cash and get something more worthwhile and dont waste it on the 15 bucks a month either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom