Star Citizen

I am also curious what ships people have pledged for. Have any of you joined an organization? How do you see your role in Star Citizen?

A real life buddy and I joined the United Space Confederation organization. Their website is insane and so is their attention to detail and organization throughout the different divisions.

I joined the Expeditionary Corps branch since I think most of my focus in the game will be on exploration. I like the idea of being part of a team who charts new Jump Points or doing scouting for battles, etc.

USC Website USC Organization Site on RSI

Last year I pledged for a Drake Cutlass and Origin 325a with Lifetime Insurance. Last month however I pledged for the Constellation package. The upside is that I can sell my Cutlass with LTI for about $220 on the grey market so I didn't end up spending any extra money outside of my original pledge amount. I am waiting on selling my Cutlass to try and get $250 for it.

I am also very excited about this game. I pledged $45 and received the Aurora LN. I was going for the budget pledge, because I know I will be able to upgrade to a different ship once the game comes out. I haven't looked into joining any organizations because it just seems so soon considering the game is not out. But after checking out that website for the United Space Confederation, it's unbelievable how in depth people have already gone with in-game organizations. Time to go check out what other organizations are out there. It would be cool to play with some other folks from Tech-Forums.

PS. It has been several years since I have posted in these forums. (2011) I'm happy to be back!

I pledged $125 and got the Hornet F7C. I haven't really been keeping track, I just fire up the hangar module and play around with it every so often. I do have high hopes, though - I might pick up an Oculus Rift just for Star Citizen.

I am also very excited about this game. I pledged $45 and received the Aurora LN. I was going for the budget pledge, because I know I will be able to upgrade to a different ship once the game comes out. I haven't looked into joining any organizations because it just seems so soon considering the game is not out. But after checking out that website for the United Space Confederation, it's unbelievable how in depth people have already gone with in-game organizations. Time to go check out what other organizations are out there. It would be cool to play with some other folks from Tech-Forums.

PS. It has been several years since I have posted in these forums. (2011) I'm happy to be back!

Welcome back! Yeah organizations are pretty serious right now. Its kinda cool how in depth they are. You'll be able to join multiple organizations in the future but depending on which you join they may not allow it lol

I think it was smart getting the base package. Since you can buy all of the ships in game. Just depends on how much time you plan on sinking into it. They say the Constellation can be achieved after like 80? hours in game. Not sure but at least its possible.

I pledged $125 and got the Hornet F7C. I haven't really been keeping track, I just fire up the hangar module and play around with it every so often. I do have high hopes, though - I might pick up an Oculus Rift just for Star Citizen.

The Hornets look awesome. I plan on getting a Super Hornet in game.

I hope Facebook doesn't ruin the Rift, but we'll see. I'd love to have it for Star Citizen as well.

I can't see backing an unfinished game.

I did this once already...back when green light on steam was new.

It was called 'Towns.' Slightly different situation, because there was no indication that it was incomplete, but we now live in an age where broken and incomplete games can be called complete as long as a developer promises it will be fixed eventually.

Long sorry short--looks cool, but like Rider's mom...I'm waiting for full release.

It was called 'Towns.' Slightly different situation, because there was no indication that it was incomplete, but we now live in an age where broken and incomplete games can be called complete as long as a developer promises it will be fixed eventually.

Long sorry short--looks cool, but like Rider's mom...I'm waiting for full release.

I agree with you, and I am wary now on games I back that are obviously incomplete. I'll say that I think Star Citizen is a bit of an exception, but we'll see.

I also agree with both of you. You should be wary of backing unfinished/early access games, but I believe Star Citizen is an exception. I have backed several early access games, and most of the time these have been a success. By success, I mean I have put enough hours into the game to where it was worth the price payed for the game. Some of these successful games include Arma 3, DayZ, and Starbound. My reasoning for buying these games was not so much about getting them early, but more about getting them for almost half the cost of what they will be when they are released. So, if you know you want to buy a game when it releases, why not buy into early access and get it cheaper? I spent $45 on Star Citizen, and my guess it will be $50-60 when it comes out. Star Citizen is also an exception because they are having a phased release. As mentioned above, the dogfighting module is the first phase. This will be out at the end of this month, May 29th!!!

Ya, technically you can back this game for $30 and have a free ship. You won't get beta acess, but can still get a starter ship and the game for cheap. You can buy all of the ships you can pledge for in-game with in-game currency. It just might take a significant amount of time invested.

I think there's definitely more to backing an early access game than just saving a few bucks. For me, especially with Star Citizen, I am pretty wrapped up in the development of the game. Its fun to watch the process and interact them the devs. And then as they release components of the game be able to provide feedback and bug reports to them. I think this helps me become more invested into the game, more knowledgeable, and also help provide a better game overall if I am able to find a unique bug or something.

The first phase was actually the Hangar Module. Which let the player walk around in FPS mode in their huge hangars and see their ships in engine. And then allow you to get in and sit in the cockpit and poke around. They also added a little firing range and such to it.

They renamed the Dog Fighting Module to Arena Commander. Like, the Hangar module, Arena Commander is not a one-off thing for backers. They're integral parts of the game. As time goes on they'll have all of the ships available for backers to see in the hangar. And they'll eventually have all of the ships in Arena Commander to fly and dogfight with. After the release of the game Arena Commander will still be around to serve as a free fly, and multiplayer game within the larger game. I'm happy for this because the people who only care about blowing people up and dogfighting can play Arena Commander instead of trying to grief people in the main game.

For those of us play, I have a question for you all.

What flight stick will you be using? Or will you be using a controller and/or keyboard and mouse?

I thought about doing the DFM with my controller, but decided to snag a x-52pro hotas. Only about $140 and is one of the most popular choices for space sims.

Back
Top Bottom