Star Citizen

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Anyone buying into this game ? The entry fee is not too bad, you can get a basic ship and the digital version of the game for about $40. But if you want a better ship, alpha and beta access, you can easily spend $100+. In fact I think the top multiship package is like $20K :p

The game looks pretty decent. Love the detail that is going into the ships, graphically it should be excellent and seems to be so far from what little we've seen. They have plenty of money to create a really good game here, around $40m in pledges so far which is AAA and then some, especially for a PC game.

But the key thing is gameplay, of which we have seen none and could be horrendous. But the guy making it has a good background, so i'm hopeful.

Hope they add in top notch Oculus Rift support too, game is perfect for it.

I know of the game but I haven't looked too much into it. Not really that interested.

I don't really like any current space games. But I like the idea of them quite a bit. I'd get myself the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, which to be fair i'd use for X-Plane 10, the new IL2 as well.

The amazing thing about Star Citizen is the fact that they raised $40m through crowd funding. I never thought i'd see a AAA game be entirely crowd funded.

I'm pretty much interested in any game that I know will be good for the Rift, because i'm obsessed about that thing lol, pretty sure it will revolutionize gaming.

I'm pretty excited about it myself. I've always wanted to play something like EVE Online but getting into something like that after it's been operating for years and years would be difficult :tongue:

I'm pretty excited about it myself. I've always wanted to play something like EVE Online but getting into something like that after it's been operating for years and years would be difficult :tongue:

It's got easier lately. Played it for a couple of days awhile ago to the point I got the general gist of how the game works, how to earn money and so on. It was good, but a little too slow for my liking.

Bumping this thread.

The Dog Fighting Module which is appropriately named ArenaCommander is due out at the end of the month. They announced today that an off-line mode will be hitting everyone and then slowly phasing in multiplayer to the oldest backers first and will continue adding servers based on demand.

Here's a 30 minute overview of the Dog Fighting Module and what to expect. Kind of shows the last few days leading to the big PAX East unveiling, showing the unveiling and issues, then getting back to Austin and doing a proper unveil in their offices.

Arena Commander-PAX East and Beyond - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom