Stalker Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
CGW had an article on it, waayy back. The said the Geiger counters were definitely humming. I think I'd pass...three nuts and I'd be a maniac ;)

Well of course they are because the area is still radioactive. The thing is though, is that the short bursts of radiation you would get from being there a short period of time would be something around an X-Ray or a tad more. The area will probably be radioactive for many many years to come, just not as bad as it used to be in the 80s/90s. BTW when i talk visiting to check it out im speaking about Pripyat, not Chernobyl. I dont think anybody but scientists and military are allowed around the plant.

I want to go check out Pripyat. I think that would be cool. Man, the ghost stories about that place.. I always wanted to visit deserted towns and learn about there history.

There are still people that work at Chernobyl everyday.. Pripyat as far as I know is 100% deserted, although there are rumors that some people are still there ;).

^You'd like Australia then :) we've got tons of old deserted towns about from the gold rush and opal mining. All those places are haunted by Bunyips of course

Yea the people that work there everyday are in protective gear and/or arent exposed to the radiation for long periods of time. The people that stay there though have a high risk of ASR which is why Pripyat is still deserted. I suppose if your running from the law they might not look for you there, but with the exception of acting like you where exposed to Mako (bad FF joke).

I havent heard any ghost stories though. I should do a Google on it =D

Edit: Soul, you guys had a gold rush too? Thought that was only here in the 1800s. Seems i need to buff up on my world history a bit more.

The man from snowy river was based out of Australia I do believe.

I do want to go to Australia sometime, maybe when I make my trip to New Zealand.

It was written by A.B. "Banjo" Paterson who ALSO wrote "Waltzing Matilda" which is pretty much as iconic an Australian song as you'll find. Seriously, I think more people would know the words to that than our actual national anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom