Stalker Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Some may not find this interesting but i did since i was playing the game (recently beat the first one, which is my last one)

I noticed how accurate the maps and images in the game looked compared to Google Maps satellite imagery.

whoaw.jpg

whoa2.jpg

Due to the automatic resize on the site, just right click the image and select "View Image" to see the full version.

For people who cant see a bigger pictures click these links ;)

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/695/whoaw.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1214/whoa2.jpg

Don't have FF here so no resize :( I wondered how accurate they were with the geography. I'm glad you took the time to actually compare it because I do find that interesting. Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Edited with links so you can see. My dad was extremely interested too (he likes the series as well). Got us so riled up we where researching and discussing the event on Xfire for 3 hours after i did this.

What made me compares is i was curious as to the status of Prypyat these days. So i went to Google Maps and zoomed in. I then realized that Chernobyl looks pretty **** accurate in the game so decided to look for other things like the Red Forest.

Yea, right after I played through the first one I got on Google Earth and was messing around, trying to see anything familiar. The city itself looks somewhat similar. It's really eerie as the whole area is completely void of people. It looks like it was once a thriving city. I wonder if we'd find some artifacts ;)

Stalker is supposed to be as accurate as possible in regards to the setting. The developers actually went over there and measured, filmed, photographed, the works, in order to get it perfect.

Yea, right after I played through the first one I got on Google Earth and was messing around, trying to see anything familiar. The city itself looks somewhat similar. It's really eerie as the whole area is completely void of people. It looks like it was once a thriving city. I wonder if we'd find some artifacts ;)
It was a thriving city. They had to evacuate the whole area due to radiation. The whole area is still radioactive but you can go over there for short periods of time without using protective gear.

Lol well i thought the same thing till i saw pics of people wearing normal jackets and sweaters over there. Idk if id wanna risk it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom