spore is released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's good for sure. I put myself into a compulsive habbit of hitting ctrl + s every time i see space pop up (save) so no problems with losing anything. The game either has a real problem with vista x64 or intel quads.
I'm kindas leaning towards it having a problem with quads. Did a small trial yesterday to test the theory out.
Started the game as usual, played for about 30 min, crash. Started it again, made it about an hour and 1/4, crash. Started it again, alt + tab, set core affinity to 2, played for another 8 or 9 hours no crashes ;/
That's nothing diffinitive but it throws up some red flags ;p Goo ea! /sarcasm

Game's crazy addictive. I just wish it were a bit longer, badge wise. it didn't take all that long to max out the badge meter. meh XD

the game has alot more piotential that is for sure i am very addicted to it, and akubane i havent had it crash one for me and im on an ocd quad core, maybe it with vista 64 as im on xp32.

Lol actually its just 'Blastuore' the 'cre' is just part of the filename (must stand for 'creature' I assume).

yeah its more than likely a vista thing. the whole bloody internet is in an uproar about it lol. just search spore crash. its a bit ridiculous. oh well no biggie, seems my problem is solved by lowering the core affinity ;p
yeah it could have been 10x the game it is. its a good way to kill a couple hours though ^_^

i doubt it even supports dx10. and if it does, i can't tell. graphically its nothing fancy at all. but it's that cartoony-ness that's half the attraction i think. dx10 on that game would just be a waste of effort better spent fixing some of the bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom