Splinter Cell PC backup!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakey

Beta member
Hi

I desperately need some help backing up the PC vers. of Splinter Cell..

Ive tried all the no-cd .exe fixes and the core.dll replacement files, ... i dont recieve the "insert correct cd" message.... but just when it looks like its going to boot it suddenly jumps back to winxp and and i get a critical error msg... "General Protection Fault" history "InitEngine"...

Ive read some stuff thru searching google about he protection found on the Splinter Cell original cd's but still i dont understand how to bypass the protection in order to make a successful backup copy
i get the feeling that it might have somthing to do with the program used to burn the 3'cds....

Has anyone made a woking back-up of this game or mabye you can just offer me some advice/tips/techniques )

Any help would be much appreciated thankyou !

What program are you using to make your backups? Whenever I need to backup anything I always use Clone CD (http://www.clonecd.net/) which is supposed to make exact 1:1 copies of CDs. It always works fine for me.

If you are making a backup, then you should still have the original. Play with the original and just install the no-cd crack. Why make a backup if your going to use the no-cd?

Sounds fishy to me..........

Not so fishy. I've got the original and made a backup. Still haven't played it though. Anyway, I used either CloneCD or Blindwrite. I don't remember which one but I've had great success with both.

The best way to "backup" stuff like this is to copy the entrie CD to you HDD. Then use daemon tools or something like that to create a virtual CD-Rom. Then you can mount the game to that Virtual cd and then you can play it.

If your system crashes, well you have the original right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom