Specs question

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadian_081

Beta member
I'm getting a new computer real soon with these specs.

Intel Pentium 4, 3GHz, LGA775
1GB DDR Memory, PC3200
256meg Radeon 9550

Whats the highest settings you guys reckon far cry would run smoothly on? (Sorry but I'm clueless about hardware and specs. Just say the word if I need to provide more info.)

I had same card a while back. I played cs:s with it. everything on low with a custom config and got 35 to 45 fps.

Rook1e said:
I had same card a while back. I played cs:s with it. everything on low with a custom config and got 35 to 45 fps.

are you serious? I played CS:S on all high with evreything on (hdr) and I got upwards 30+ 40+ fps wich was friggen sweet:D

but evrey other game was low

In F.E.A.R. I played in a 800x600 resolution with evreything off, and got aroudn 20 30 fps...**** that!

Well on that card it was weird i would get the same 35 to 45 fps with everything on high but it was so choppy and not smooth. So i tryed everything on low and fps sayed but it was smooth. My computer is also 3 years old and its not a gaming computer. But i do good with what i have.

Thanks dudes, I managed to find a Nivdia 6600GT 256meg in the trading post for $200aus...Now I'm more than happy with Far Cry running on the highest settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom