"somtimes" laggy stuttery gameplay in Battlefield 2142?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Why is it that sometimes gameplay is abit jerky and the frame rate drops but sometimes i can play a whole round and its really smooth?

I guess with an online game theres alot of variables/reasons? would my internet connection speed come into play as i only have a 1meg ADSL broadband connection, although my ping is ALWAYS good, ive never seen it above 50 in the 3months of playing it, normally on around 20-30 most of the time.

As i say with an online i know theres alot of variables as to why its sometimes abit jerky here and there especially with an EA game :rolleyes:

It just annoys me because the game is so nice to play when it plays smooth

when i had a similar problem, i was playing with 1 gig of ram. stuck a 2nd in and it sorted itself. there might be a bottleneck somewhere with your system but i dont know a lot about AMD these days so i couldnt really say. Maybe defragment your hard drive for faster access times? This having been said it may just be too many models in view at once and your system just cant cut it, but i cant see this being the case as i used to run it nicely on a 7900gt. Good luck tho bud

To be honest i think its like i said, theres just alot of reasons but i think its just either internet related(my connection or the server im on) or just the game, because lets face it EA arent known for games that run prefectly with no issues.
The other reason why i say this is because i run other top games flawlessly, like FEAR, COD2 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom