Someone PLZ help me choose good parts for my gaming system. Im a 1st time builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxjuju4lifexx

Solid State Member
In the near future i plan on building a gaming system of my own. Ive never built a computer before and i have done endless reading on several different possibilities of parts to make the best system at a descent price. Below i will list my parts and hopefully SOMEONE can help me to make better decisions on my parts and give me some good advice on which parts to get. Basically i am asking for your reccomendation on good gaming parts for a gaming system. Good ram was especially hard to choose.

FUTURE SYSTEM:
Antec performance plus case w/ 430w psu
Asus a7n8xe-deluxe mobo
AMD athlon xp 3200+ "barton" 400fsb
Crucial 1gb (512mb x 2) ddr 400 pc3200 ram
ATI Radeon 9200 128 mb 8x agp
Western Digital Raptor 36.7gb 10,000 rpm
Sony Floppy Drive
Asus cd burner 52x32x52
NU technology dvd burner 8xdvdr+-
Windows xp home

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE YOU MIGHT HAVE!!!

If you're building a gaming computer, get a better graphics card. Personally i wouldn't get anything less than a 9800 pro 128. If you can, get an ATI x800 series. Awesome graphics!

you're going fot the Raptor Hard drive so don't sell yourself short on video cards. :)

As for the RAM, I have never used Crucial, so i'm not going to be much help there. :)

The rest of the system looks good!

I would agree with hercules_upw. your video card should be more powerful unless you just play games occasionally. I'm impressed with your other choices especially the raptor ESATA hard disk. most people do not consider the hard disk being a bottleneck for the processor. you might want to but Corsair XMS extreme memory and get winXP pro instead though. I'm not too sure what kind of ram that crucial is either since you didn't tell us the model.

I went with windows xp home because its cheaper and it should get the job done. I also have this ATI radeon 9200 video card because I got it for my birthday and never have been able to use it on 8x agp becasue right now its in an older computer. If i see that it is horrible then i will replace it. The crucial ram is Crucial 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 Model #:CT6464Z40B. This ram was recommended by crucial on it website for the asus a7n8x-e deluxe mobo so i hope its good ram. Plus i read some reviews from people who had the ram and they said they haven't had any problems. I just want to thank you guys for replying to my forum and anyone else out there with any more advice fee free to leave me some! THANKS

Like the people above said, if you are building a gaming computer, you can't get a value-priced graphics card. In fact, it would be a waste of money to get those high-performance parts such as your Raptor hard drive with the graphics card you've chosen. If you are getting ATI, go with no less than the 9800 Pro. If you choose NVIDIA, go with no less than the GeForce FX 5900.

Believe me the 9200 is not the best card to play games. i myself should know as i have a similer card (fx 5200) and it's just about hanging on.

dont get that harddrive, it is not worth it. Get an AMD 64 3200+ or similiar and a better ATI video card. get at least an ATI Radeon 9600xt 256mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom