So I finally got around to playing crysis..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
And am really disappointed.. i mean crysis kind of sucks.

The ending is terrible, it doesn't tie anything in. It just ends. It's like the developers ran out of ideas and plopped a couple boss battles on a mission and called it good. Seriously? Did they run out of money or something? The story isn't really all that engaging anyway. Chase wako korean dude who doesn't care about anything and wakes up some frozen fossils in a hill and you're caught in the middle of it! Maybe they took notes from michael bay and spent too much money on the graphics which..

...run like dog ****. After some googling, it's the overall consensus too. The game runs like **** on pretty much everything.

Framerates suck all the time. I don't have a super fast system*, but when the game came out it was super fast, and I had to run almost the whole thing on low and in DirectX 9 to get playable framerates out of it. It's buggy as ****, often I would suddenly fall though the aircraft carrier, or the monsters would fall through the boat like the big spider-type thing.

The whole thing just reminds me of Far Cry, which from what i played is structured almost the same, and I actually never finished it because I couldn't stand the **** ape monsters.

But about Crysis, I know i'm a coupla years late to the party, but am I the only one who thinks this game ain't that great?

(in the voice of Walter Koenig [Pavel Chekhov]) "Too Bad."

Athlon X2 4200
8800GTS 320MB
4GB DDR
Windows 7

I definitely agree with you on some your points. The story isn't that great. The gameplay is so-so. There are some cool things in it. My conclusion after playing was that hey, this game was built around graphics, not a story line. Pretty things first, story line and gameplay 2nd and 3rd. I thought it was OK. I didn't **** myself when I played it, and it's incredibly short, and like you said, it just ends. It's neat in its own ways but...it didn't really hook me like other games.

But maybe that's just how it was supposed to be for Crysis.

I liked crysis, and crysis warhead, people say it is all eye candy, but i liked the story line as well. The nano suit is pretty **** cool as well. Meh, to each his own.

well, no doubt it runs like crap :p a 8800GTS 320mb is quite dated now. i'm surprised it could run it with half way acceptable FPS.

for me it's really all about the eye candy :D

I never played the multiplayer, but I thought it had the best single player of any shooter I have ever played. Yes, the graphics did play a huge roll in this, but the gameplay and story were good enough for me, as good as any shooter. I think the gameplay and story are at least up to par with cod if not a little better. Cod may rule multiplayer, but for singleplayer gameplay, Crysis beats it.

Game just fails on biblical proportions. It's just terrible.

It looks superb, the map editor is cool, but i wouldn't play through the campaign if someone paid me. I get so utterly bored playing the campaign.

CryEngine = FTW. Crysis = FTL

:p

I suspect the game would run pretty well on new cards like the 5870. I might try it if and when i get the card, just for the eye candy of course..

Single player was alright... I actually liked the gameplay. Made you think in ways other games didn't :)

It's all about the graphics, though. Multiplayer just plain out sucked.

Game just fails on biblical proportions. It's just terrible.

It looks superb, the map editor is cool, but i wouldn't play through the campaign if someone paid me. I get so utterly bored playing the campaign.

CryEngine = FTW. Crysis = FTL

:p

I suspect the game would run pretty well on new cards like the 5870. I might try it if and when i get the card, just for the eye candy of course..

Whatever, I loved it :tongue:

^me too.... just because you have a horrible comp, that sucks, and can't play crysis well does not mean it is a bad game

(that was a joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom