Skyrim not launching, but no error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj_extreme

Daemon Poster
When I go to launch Skyrim, I open the game, and it comes up to the screen with the play, settings/options, credits, data files, etc. But when I click on play, it just sits on that screen, no game screen, no errors, nothing. Let me clarify, the game opens up to the LAUNCH screen, but will not actually open the game up. I've re installed it 2 times already, and re installed steam, to no avail. Any suggestions, or has anyone else had this problem? Hardware specs are in my sig, and I'm running 7 Ultimate x64. And yes, I tried running as admin and compatibility mode, neither of which worked.

Yes, I have above the minimum specs. And yes, my PC is STABLE. Ran burn test 10 runs, no errors, and it can fold all day if I leave it on. And I now have a 1250w PSU, I should edit my sig :p

LOL yes you're above minimum specs :p

I've heard of a similar but not identical error of Skyrim crashing at launch if you don't have your sound set to 44100KHz. Try that.

When you say you've reinstalled it twice, is that from physical media or freshly downloading it off Steam? If the former it could be corrupted.

I had that same issue and all I had to do to fix it was right click Skyrim>Properties>Local Files tab>Verify Integrity of game cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom